OMG I got my GTR BPT

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
MechaManZero

OMG I got my GTR BPT

Post by MechaManZero »

Holy crap I just got my engine and awd tranny today and crapped my pants.

Saving the AWD tranny for my next year project and going front wheel this year. Wish me luck guys I might need your help on some stuff. Anyone know the easies mod to get like 13 pounds of stock internals with maybe rx7 injectors. Super AFC, boost controller, and bigger intercooler.
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

mmm i dont believe you!!!!! i want to see som proof please
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

Oh dont worry I will prove it I will get my buddy with a camera and Ill give a thumbs up next to the motor. Hehehe. PS. I work two jobs, I will be saving for an AWD project next year.
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Just because it has an AWD dirve tranny doesnt mean it is the GTR motor. More likely the GTX motor which was still AWD.

The GTR has a bigger turbo and bigger, different color injectors than the GTX.

Tell us the code on the turbo and what color the injectors are. Then you will know.

You cant just go by the tranny.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

Believe me, it's a gtr bpt. I wouldn't have paid for it without the pics for research and i know the GTX BPT came with AWD I ain't the dumbest ricer here lmao. By the way I said it came with it meaning I got the engine with the tranny and all, cut wiring harness. Should be fun
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

MechaManZero wrote:Believe me, it's a gtr bpt.

Still, just for fun, let us know the info above...
~Perry
Please visit
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

I will when I get the tranny and unwrap it. Plus the turbos on the GTR BPT should be bigger if I am not mistakin. Looks like the turbo is almost the same size as my t3/t4 i have sitting around that I couldn't sell cause the shaft was wobbly. I can see the GTR Intake Manifold clear as day.
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

MechaManZero wrote: I can see the GTR Intake Manifold clear as day.
The GTR and GTX intake manifold is pretty much identical I beleive.
~Perry
Please visit
osargeant

Post by osargeant »

The turbo is the easiest way to tell between the GTX and the GTR, the GTR turbo is much bigger and is a IHI-VJ23, the manifold is also slightly different while the GTX turbo is fairly small, and is a IHI-VJ20.
JSpec Turbo MX3 (1.6 DOHC)
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/310985

Port and Polished Head, Ported Intake Manifold, Valve Job, GTX Manifold, Hybrid Turbo, Cone Filter, 2.5" Exhaust, 2.5" Downpipe, ACT Street Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, MSD 6A Ignition, Boost Retard and SS Coil, Magnecor Plug Wires, Denso Iridium Plugs, UR Lightened Pulley, Spearco FMIC, Turbo XS BOV & MBC, BEGI RRFPR, Supra Injectors, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, Autometer Gauges, Pivot Shift Light
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

OK, the intake mani's are similar from the outside but completly different on the indside.

if its a GTR did it come with the Red valve cover. :lol:
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

*edit*

The GTX and GTR share the same valve covers.
Last edited by MechaManZero on May 9th, 2006, 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Dude, you need to frerakin chill out. it was a joke nothing more, i wasent calling you a lyer. it was a honda joke as honda type R motors come with a red valve cover. i never doubted that you have a GTR. CHILL, i didnt call you names :cry:

honestly what ECU are you going to run. if i were you i would shell out the extra cash to do either a stand alone, or the GTR ECU and harness.
Last edited by Josh on May 7th, 2006, 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

you know- really, looking at the turbo would SEEM to be a good idea-- but GTX drivers over in Japan like to upgrade them to the larger one sometimes. So, thats not even a good way to tell if its a real GTR motor.

They dont always upgrade the injectors though... thats pretty much a sure-fire way to tell.

And, I am not trying to say that you DONT have one... but would hate for you to think you have something that you really dont have.

The GTX motors are nothing to laugh at. our buddy here in Atlanta is putting over 250 RELAIBLE WHP down with his GTX motor. Thats with the stock turbo.
~Perry
Please visit
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

Sorry Josh, I get ticked off easy sometimes, its my personality unfortunatly :( . I'm a hard headed dumbass at times.

How much PSI can I toss on stock injectors and seeing that corksport claims that they have put 30 PSI on the GTR rods? I wanna shoot for 16-18 psi. Can the turbo handle it since its water cooled?

I would get standalone but I don't have the money for it. I was thinking get the early 90s protege wiring harness and get the APEXI AVC-R and SAFC II. Does anyone know if that will work any good?

Since I just got the motor should I just do the front and rear main seals? What else should I do without totally taking it apart. The motor has around 30,000 on it and i dont want to rip it apart really.

And sorry guys for being irate.
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

Actually how different is the bpt gtx ecu from the gtr ecu?????

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”