Racing ticket

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
mx3monster

Racing ticket

Post by mx3monster »

haha, I was at the street races on saterday night (april 15th) with my mx-3 and the first race was another silver mx-3 and a volvo (I think), anyways they took off, and when the came back down the street around 120 km/h at least im guessing, a cop pulls out infront of the silver mx-3 and the mx-3 almost t-boned him, anyways just woundering if that was any one from here, because that ticket he wrote you up must of been nasty...good race thought :D
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

I doubt that anyone would own up to that. Especially since most people on this board frown upon Street Racing.
93 GS KLZE Straight Neck (Parked)
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

ya, i agree, keep the racing off the streets, they make tracks for a reason, besides its probably cheeper with all the tickets and vehicle dammage and stuff like that.

Bochek
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

That's why they brought out "Secret Street" at Race City Speedway in Calgary. I know it's not the true Underground way to do things but it's a lot safer and yes, cheaper if you consider the tickets and risks. I'm sure it wasn't anyone from MX-West.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

Dumbasses. I hope the cop throws the book at them all.
I almost thought you said you were at the race track (Secret Streets) and was surprised that they were open already. When do they open by the way?

I'm lookin at heading out there soon. I picked up a new set of rubber today for my RS. Falken ZE-512s @ 205/55R15. It's a wee bit bigger but holy hell are those some wicked tires. Did a few onramps tonight at <ahem> somewhat excessive speeds and damn did they stick well. Unbelievable!
Taras

Post by Taras »

Darcy wrote:Did a few onramps tonight at <ahem> somewhat excessive speeds and damn did they stick well. Unbelievable!
But do they let go gradually...... lol.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Race city's open now, and has been for a few weeks. If anyones interested in going they have new better hours, racing starts at ~7 instead of 9, an usually ends at ~9-10.
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

I don't think I'll be doing any racing this year. My engine is in need of too many repairs. I think I have to completely rebuild it. It's burning oil like crazy, needs mounts filled, and new clutch.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”