Replacement Door/Hatch Locks

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
jeffsmx3
Supporting Member

Replacement Door/Hatch Locks

Post by jeffsmx3 »

93'... I am about giving up on this one. Does anyone know where you can get replacement door locks with keys? I've tried everywhere. :evil:

Trish
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Try the Mazda stealerships.
alleycat29

shitty deal

Post by alleycat29 »

ya man about the only place you may get the keys and locks are from the stealership.. might occasiuonally get it from the wreckers... but many ppl dont give there keys in.. good luck though
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

If you get some from a wrecker or J-Yard you can have a key mede by a locksmith for about 75 bucks. If yours are sticky or breaking keys, try getting some graphite from the local hardware store, usually in the door knob or key section. Squirt some into the lock and turn it with the key a few times and it will get much better.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

If you send me your ign cylinder i can get a key made for 3 dollars... well bnetter than paying 75? to change locks yup..delaership or a whole parts car and send me the ign switch and i can send u a copy..i have 5 keys to my mx3.. i know i over did it but hey its 3 dllrs a pop why not..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
ZoomZoom3

doorlocks

Post by ZoomZoom3 »

my locks are breaking keys, and it feels all corroded inside the doorlocks,Does this (graphite), Fix this problem?
Pa.MazdaMan
JoshVK
Supporting Member

Post by JoshVK »

Helps alot, mine are fuked.. someone tried to break in on old owner.. i have to keep them lubricated.. ill take a pic to show how messed they really are.. but grapite is great.. silicone spray helps to if you have it laying around..
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

DO NOT use both silicone spray and graphite. You would create a sandy cookie dough that would gum up everything. Use one or the other and stick with it.
I bet you've used both and are probably ok for the moment or maybe cannot notice a difference since the locks are messed up already. On a good set of locks that just need to be lubed it would not be a good idea.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”