Troubleshooting mx3 codes

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
92MX3black

Troubleshooting mx3 codes

Post by 92MX3black »

After doing loads of searching through these forums i am on my start to trying to understand this car. I bought it to save gas but the past few months it has gotten worse mileage than my v8 equipped Mustang. But anyways i tried the 10 and ground trick and this is how it went. Im not an expert on how to interpret these codes but it would blink and stay and then dissapear and then blink rapidly a # of times. I got 4 different sets. I believe they are : code 17 ( feedback systen leftside) code 23: 02 sensor -right side ( which 02 would that be???? the front or back sensor??) code24 feedback system (right side) and code 29 EGR solenoid valve. The bad gas mileage had me thinking the 02's were bad, also im thinking if i get new 02 sensors that may take care of code 17,23, and 24 due to the feedback sensors being close to the same.. I have emissions testing coming up soon and was just wondering if anyone could give me a hand figuring this out. Wondering if anyone else has had the same problems or can help me diagnose even furthur, and i have already checked the online manual of what the codes were. any help would be appretiated!!!
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Did you look at the troubleshooting guide here?

http://eunos30x.com/info/CEL%20Codes%20 ... mplete.pdf
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Left side is the radiator side, and right is firewall side. I believe the 17 and 24 are oxygen sensor related.
92MX3black

Post by 92MX3black »

i just checked on prices for 02 sensors and i cant find them for less then 150 a peice. any1 know where to find parts for this car cheaper???? or what parts can i interchage between cars????? car is a mazda mx3 1992 GS :?:
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Try looking for Ford Probe V6 O2 sensors.. They are the same and cost 1/4 of the price.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
precidian

Post by precidian »

The other option is to get a universal O2 sensors .Then just splice the wires yourself. that would be the least expensive route.
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”