K&N Filter Number

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
JapesMooney

K&N Filter Number

Post by JapesMooney »

I'm looking to pick up one of the K&N filters for my 95 four-cylinder. The write- up showing me how to swap it out in the FAQ is excellent, but it doesn't list a part number for the filter itself. Is anyone able to tell me?
Happy St. Pat's all!
JP
tallymx3

Post by tallymx3 »

OEM Replacment or Cone Filter?
1992 WHITE 1.6l SOHC saving for a BPT swap next year, New interior next month, and new Paint Hooray
JapesMooney

Post by JapesMooney »

Cone Filter please- If I was too daft to figure out the OEM number, I'd have been too embarassed to ask...
azazel95

Post by azazel95 »

JapesMooney wrote:Cone Filter please- If I was too daft to figure out the OEM number, I'd have been too embarassed to ask...
Let alone needing the FAQ to replace it :lol:
JapesMooney

Post by JapesMooney »

No one out there has a part number? I thought this was a fairly common mod.
Cy

Post by Cy »

JapesMooney wrote:No one out there has a part number? I thought this was a fairly common mod.
my car came with a 99 Civic short ram and cone.. the vac lines were run off of the short (which has enough ports) but u need to T the line to the vaccum system and the other one....
TREVO123

Post by TREVO123 »

Ok just go to ur local parts store.look for a cone filter that fits and buy it take it out side to ur car,pop it on and your set!
TREVO-Under major construction, Bp coming soon! TO a mx3 near you
1993 MX-3 RS,FULL BLITZ KIT(PROTOTYPE)17"10 SPOKE RIMS,SOHC 1.6L.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2189811
JapesMooney

Post by JapesMooney »

Thanks for the reply Trevor, but here in Canada most auto supply stores don't carry a wide range of K&N products, much less a huge stock of their air filters. I'm trying to set it up so that I can call down to a parts store in Buffalo and arrange to pick something up on the weekend.
So again, it would be great if someone could give me an exact part number, or even rough dimensions so that I could go to the K&N web site and try and figure it out for myself.
Cheers!
JP
95 MX-3 1.6L 4 Cyl B6 DOHC
Cy

Post by Cy »

JapesMooney wrote:Thanks for the reply Trevor, but here in Canada most auto supply stores don't carry a wide range of K&N products, much less a huge stock of their air filters. I'm trying to set it up so that I can call down to a parts store in Buffalo and arrange to pick something up on the weekend.
So again, it would be great if someone could give me an exact part number, or even rough dimensions so that I could go to the K&N web site and try and figure it out for myself.
Cheers!
JP
are you trying to get the oem replacement filter?...
if so... i tried Can-Tire... they said 80bux... i said later...
azazel95

Post by azazel95 »

Measure the diameter of the intake tube where you want the cone at and then call the parts store and ask for a cone filter with diameter "whatever". Shouldn't that work? I don't know the number I got stock intake.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”