Flex Fiber

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
tallymx3

Flex Fiber

Post by tallymx3 »

I have read about anew product called flex fiber and wondering if anyone has used this, or had any comments about it.
Jacbs2007

Post by Jacbs2007 »

I had posted about it awhile back. I didn't have too many details but here's the link to the topic.

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... zy+customs

-Curt-
1993 GS
-MS front -functional molded hood scoop
-MS molded sides-shaved antenna
-Civic projectors -New black paintjob
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

thats what happens when you use the propper ammounts of resing against fiberglass and NO bondo at all. :) nice product BUT why?? i mean if you paint it? and um well if it breaks?? doesnt mean its indestructible just because it flexes.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
tallymx3

Post by tallymx3 »

well im planning on getting the kmax kit and was wanting something that could atleast take a little bit of a impact without cracking. i mean i know that the paint paint would crack but if the kit could withstand some impact that would be great. ALSO wondering about the fitment of the KMAX kit from krazykustomz does any one have experience with there products that they would like to share.
Jacbs2007

Post by Jacbs2007 »

I've done Fiberglassing on a few occassions and I've never had anything that could flex like that but I can trust you on that 1 hgallegos because I'm a beginner, and you're not.

I thought from the looks of it that it could be a good product, But the only thing that bothered me is how much would it flex during high speed driving? If someone can bend it with 2 hands like that, imagine what windforce will do to it while driving? I'm just afraid of paint cracking from too much flex...

-Curt-
1993 GS
psyense82

Post by psyense82 »

tally... dont use krazy..... u can save half your cash... nopionline.com
*note i will not be doing the rx7 hatch conversion, id rather get a BP*
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

well loking at it a cant make it that flexible but i can make it stand a few hits by using the correct resin and fiber glass mixture.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
tallymx3

Post by tallymx3 »

Is there any difference in the product from nope to krazy or are they both getting it from the same place? Also has any one used one of the flex fiber kits yet i would love toi heasr about some hands on results with this product. :D
1992 WHITE 1.6l SOHC saving for a BPT swap next year, New interior next month, and new Paint Hooray
tallymx3

Post by tallymx3 »

:bump:
1992 WHITE 1.6l SOHC saving for a BPT swap next year, New interior next month, and new Paint Hooray
Jacbs2007

Post by Jacbs2007 »

wow, why has noone ever mentioned Nopionline.com before? they're so much cheaper then Krazycustoms and I thought they were a steal!
1993 GS
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

I used Marine Text to mold in the MS sides flares. Holds wonderful, and flexes awesome...

Return to “Appearance”