Rear hatch shocks.

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
Jay72

Rear hatch shocks.

Post by Jay72 »

Where can I find proper working replacement hatch shocks? Don't direct me to Crappytire cause the ones I just put in in Sept make me lose 1/2 a second of consciousness when I go in the trunk! Can I just go with a bigger size for another car?
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

i picked mine up from a junkyard...when its like -10 they need to b proped up w/ my snowbrush...but other than that they work well enough
Jay72

Post by Jay72 »

Are you telling me it's normal for the shocks NOT to work in cold temps? If other people's cars have no problem, mine shouldn't either. I'm on a mission now...
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

Mine worked amazing well, never had any problems with them even in the freezing cold. I sold them a long while ago though when I parted out my car though.
Jay72

Post by Jay72 »

Where'd you get them? What brand? How much am I looking at?
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

They were stock ones off my own mx-3 that I sold when parting them out. Suprisingly they were in amazing shape.
corbanbrook

Post by corbanbrook »

i just bought a little clamp for home depot and hang it from a string from the hatch so when i open the hatch i just clip it onto the silver part of the rod arm.
It offers enough resistance to keep it open.
92 MX-3 1.6L 4 Cyl SOHC
MPG: 21.5city/38hwy
Jay72

Post by Jay72 »

Yeah, I have to jimmy mine open with an old Club lock. It's actually a perfect fit. Anyway, I'm trying to UNghettoize the look of the car, so no add this or that to anything anymore. I want to barely put any effort into lifting the hatch a few inches and have the shocks do the rest of the work like all the other cars out there or am I out of luck for our huge hatch doors?
Jettblackcat

Post by Jettblackcat »

Try AC Delco p/n 510-690, list price is around CDN $70 each, but you should be able to find them cheaper. Put some on my ride this winter, and my head never felt soooo good!! :lol:
92 MX-3 GS, RED, custom short ram intake, headers (not installed yet), HEI conversion, external coil, Need more $$ for a ZE (donations graciously accepted).
Jettblackcat

Post by Jettblackcat »

P.S.
Try the APC stores:
Mississagua 1-866-861-0579 talk to Al
Brampton 905-799-2729
These are going to be special order from these guys, but I don't anybody else in the TO area that carries AC Delco.
92 MX-3 GS, RED, custom short ram intake, headers (not installed yet), HEI conversion, external coil, Need more $$ for a ZE (donations graciously accepted).
Jay72

Post by Jay72 »

$70 each? Damn. Thanks for the info.
Jettblackcat

Post by Jettblackcat »

Ya, but just think about how much you'll save on asprin!! :P
MX3 GSR for dummies

Post by MX3 GSR for dummies »

I don't get headaches cause mine work but I am interested in actuators...anyone with links?
If at first you don't succeed....it never happened

94 mx3 GS w/ KLZE, KL31 ECU, clutchmaster stage 3, cross drilled rotors, Custom ram air intake, Custom exhaust, Toyo tires, 250LPH fuel pump, Modified Distributor, Upgraded Wiring etc, external HEI, Full Body Drift kit and freshly painted Grey. Interior neon accents and much more in progress

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”