echoish rubbing noises

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
happyclown

echoish rubbing noises

Post by happyclown »

So, driving down the highway and I notice the road noise is pretty loud... way louder than normal any. I think its getting worse but that may be because Im paying more attention to it. At first I thought something was jammed up in the wheel well and the tire was rubbin.

I took a look and all the wheel wells are clear. I wiggled all the wheels and the front drivers tire when I jerk/wiggle it left-right it has a bit of play in it and make a very light bop noise.

My diagnosis is the tierod

but...

Does that sound like a tierod to you? Do tierods make noise like that when your driving (road noise). It sorta made vibrations I could feel in my feet...

Last edited by happyclown on February 16th, 2006, 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1993 RS Teal
twoie

Post by twoie »

the tierod ends do wear out. remove your tire and grab onto it and see if it is still seated down in the hub assembly, or does it move.
happyclown

Post by happyclown »

HUH :?

I guess its not the tierod than. Its solid. Deffinatly does not feel blown out. Turns out the little bit of wiggle and the bop noise I was hearing was the stearing column locking.

:cry:

Now i'll have to invistigate furthere into the damn echoish rubbing noises
1993 RS Teal

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”