Money money money mooneey, MOOOONNNNEEEEYYYY!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
neverender

Money money money mooneey, MOOOONNNNEEEEYYYY!

Post by neverender »

Will the 1.8L T4ycl (BPturbo) from the GTR work in my 95 RS, or is the installation even worth it? Also, it says $1875 (corksport), which is about $2200 round here, plus the shipping... then how much would the installation be approx.?
95 MX-3 RS 12"TypeR, RockfordP4002bridged so far.
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

once everything is said and done, and you are paying somebod else to do your swap, expect to pay 6-7g's.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

BUT very well worth it..not only will yopu have spent LESS than a ricer spends on mods.. you will have more hp than most ricers out there and its MUCH better than buying a new car..so think about it... hmm getting a new mustang? bping your engine? IMO i would love to have a bp in mine..cept mines a v6 bohoo
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
neverender

Post by neverender »

Thats retarded... is there someway that doing the swap myself with the aid of book or something, i have limited knowledge of engines, but tons of free time and a strong will to learn.

-OR-

Could i just do a bunch of stuff to my V4, or would that be a waste of time.

I promise ill learn more about what im getting into, i just need to know where to start.
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

Have fun finding a GTR. I know Corksport says they can get them, but don't forget, there were very few of these engines made (around 1500 I think), and most of them were used in rally applications.. meaning they've been flogged to high hell. IMO you'd be better off getting the GTX. I looked into getting a GTR a while back, and all I ever got for an answer was "hahahahahhaha *click*"

Although there is one guy on the forums (can't remember who offhand) who's got a GTR MX3 that he's selling, but he's in Texas.
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
neverender

Post by neverender »

K well then, a BPturbo it is... how much do you that will cost to get swapped?
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Get a GTX motor. It is from the same 323 turbos, but has slightly less HP and a bit less potential for more power. It costs about 900 from Best Japanese Engines in Marietta Georgia and they get them a few times per year. Don't tell them, but the last one they sold to a MOCA member was a GTR motor and not a GTX. They didn't know the difference so my buddy got a GTR for 800.00 (we get a discount since we have bought so many motors from them) Cannot wait untill he gets back from the Army to install the biotch. He should make about 300 wheel horse power.
Justin, another of the MOCA members (MX-3 club of Atlatna) has a GTX motor in his Mx-3 and gets just over 250 wheel horse power from his.
His swap probably cost him about 3-4,000 and he did most of the work himself. You can read about his swap on the MOCA forum here: http://www.atlantamx3.com/mocaforum

There is alot to learn if you want to install it yourself so start a search for BPT, GTX or GTR and read all that you can. Ask questions about what you read if you don't understand and by the time you havethe money you'll be more than ready.

Do not mod the stock motor. It is not really worth it.

Good luck with your MX-3 and welcome to the boards. 8)
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

This has been posted like 10,000 times. Please search a bit before posting.
neverender

Post by neverender »

I have read all i could that this site has to offer, and i found it was difficult to navigate and the information i need wasn't specific enough... isnt this a forum where questions get answered... ive spent hours reading the forums, and took the time to register on the site, how bout a thanks for the support.
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

1st of all this is the WRONG forum to post this in.
Did you read the FAQ?

Topic MOVED
azazel95

Post by azazel95 »

neverender wrote:Could i just do a bunch of stuff to my V4, or would that be a waste of time.
Just wanted to point out the obvious...there is no V4...at least that I have seen.

But I also wanted to comment about the searching. Custom, sorry, but sometimes searching this site doesn't work out very well. I have searched for tons of subjects and you do get a lot of BS mixed in with it. And also the title of the post is sometimes (a lot) misleading so you actually don't find anything.

Sorry I defend people who search and then post and get flamed for doing it. The search function works, but not nearly as well as needed to keep away from repeat topics.
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

I agree, but asking about putting a BP in a 95 has been posted tons of times. I usually dont say anything, but it was also in the wrong forum, and the title was a bit pointless.
azazel95

Post by azazel95 »

Custommx3 wrote:I agree, but asking about putting a BP in a 95 has been posted tons of times. I usually dont say anything, but it was also in the wrong forum, and the title was a bit pointless.
I also agree about bold and the I part is just that I wanted to confirm I wasn't personally pointing you out custom, just board members in general.

Sorry now this is completely off-topic. But it's just I see a lot of new people join all the time and I'm worried that some posters (really, no names or intentions meant) might scare them off or make them afraid to ask questions. Just doin' meh part fer the forum.
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

im the one selling my gtr mx-3. look in the for sale section under bye bye gtr mx-3.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”