springs needed help....

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
wvurubberducky

springs needed help....

Post by wvurubberducky »

I tried to post this in the for sale, want to buy forums but it wouldn't allow me. I recently bought a 92 mazda mx-3 GS 5-speed and i'm starting to put new and needed parts on it. i went and ordered some new shocks today but it does not come with any springs and one of them are broken so they have to be replaced. I am wondering if any of you guys would post something for me so i can get some springs on here or give me a number and price for a set (the front, new rear ones). I desperatley need these so anything will be a big help.
wvurubberducky

Post by wvurubberducky »

also is there any cars that the front springs will work on my mx-3?
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Ducky, unfortunately new members have limitations placed upon them as a protection mechanism for other members, I'm sure you can understand the reasons for that being. This is a Bulletin Board for and by MX owners and enthusiasts primarily to share information and where we also can buy and sell our items if so desired. The attached link is located at the top of the buy/sell forum and is there to advise those not so informed, of the rules of that forum. That said, it would not be in your best interest to circumvent the posted rules and try to accomplish your acquistion in another forum. Add to this that your trying to acquire suspension items in the V6 forum, when there already is a suspension forum. I recommend that you go over the nuances of this BB, try not to overtly purchase items outside the buy/sell forum, search through the suspension forum (search function works quite well once you get the hang of it), and then after you've done your research, you'll be able to pose more direct and focused questions to suit your needs. I believe the questions you have asked have already been answered a number of times and I believe that you'll find ample links and suggested websites to source the parts you need. This BB is more than willing to assist anyone's needs provided that individuals do their part by searching for the answers to their questions initially since more than likely they have been already answered a multitude of times already given the age and uniqueness of our car's. Welcome to MX-3.com "Ducky".

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=41249

PS: You may find this thread moved to the Suspension Forum.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
wvurubberducky

Post by wvurubberducky »

jsc,

I read your post and agree with what you have said, i shold not try to get others but i ordered my shocks today and they were 189, they do not come with springs so i am in need of those, the mazda dealer wants 147.53 a piece so that would be around 300 more dollars. I am not trying to break the rules but i do not have enough post yet to post in the fs/wtb forum. I already ordered my parts and being on a college budget i would like to get my springs on here to save some money that i am very short on. I will be around on this forum often so i am not goign to be a one time poster or something so i would like to have some more info and if you could tell me if there is any way i can get some springs on here or just pay the mazda dealer...i have to tell them tomorrow or monday.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

I can appreciate you situation wrt the 30 post requisite, and you can pm the administrators for assistance on this. Although you can not overtly post a [WTB] thread in the buy/sell forum, you are at liberty to scan the various threads with items that are available for purchase and you can pm/email the vendor concerned with your query/request. As mentioned before, there are lots of members that have been, are currently or will be in the same situation as you. Follow the lead of those that have gone before you as in the case of this newly posted yet somewhat similar situation.

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=47835

'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”