idle problems, can someone help me out?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
95Mx-3

idle problems, can someone help me out?

Post by 95Mx-3 »

i have a 95 mx-3 and the odd time when i am sittin somewheres with the brake on, or off it doesnt matter, the rpm will drop really low as if it was almost going to stall. I had the idle adjusted last yr and it didnt seem to help it. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
azazel95

Post by azazel95 »

Could be your tps out of whack. Was on mine anyways. See no matter how you adjust the idle it doesn't matter if the tps is messed up. Also when you got the idle adjusted did the person doing it place a jumper wire between 10 and grnd on the diag box? If not the ecu compensates for the change keeping the idle the same.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

common Mazda MX-3 problem i have a 92 MX-3 with a BP swap and it still does the same thing ur talking about i raised my timing and that helps out but rpms still drop just not 2 stalling out.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Casey Gardiner

Post by Casey Gardiner »

I had that problem too on my '93. I replaced the wires, rotar, and cap and it fixed my problem. Only cost about 40 bucks too.
Casey Gardiner
'93 Mazda MX-3

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”