MAF or TPS problem

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Bibo

MAF or TPS problem

Post by Bibo »

hi...i've been watching this forum for a while now and so far it has gotten me and my 94 mx3 out of all the jams but i'm affraid this time im stuck. here is the deal. last week my car started acting up. whenever i accelerate fast it's "choking" as if its not burning all the gas. in order to get it to move i have to take my time ...revi it SLOWLY to 2500 to 3000 rpms and then slowly release the clutch. then i have no problems. the idle works great. i tried exchanging the fuel filter the cap and rotor air filter and some other small things befor i realised it might be the TPS. i exchanged that one too from the scrap bt still the same. i even mesured it with the multimeter and it reads within the normal parameters. the engine check did not give me any codes. so now im wondering if it can be the MAF but before i go ahead and exchange that one too i wanna make sure that is the problem cuz its friggin expensive (1400 CAD at the dealer and 125 at the scrap).so there u go this is my case. anyone have anyy suugestions? :?:
thanks
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

maybe you could check the plugs, plug wires and timing etc before that....
Bibo

Post by Bibo »

forgot to metion i checked the plugs wires and timing :oops:
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

If it has more than 60000 miles, then maybe its time to replace the O2 sensor....
p2ery

Post by p2ery »

I am having this same problem. I am going to check the O2 sensor and I just replaced my MAF, maybe I need to re-coonect it or something Ima check it all out in the morning.
P2ery™
the_anj

Post by the_anj »

I'm having the same problem, did anyone find out what it is? I recently replaced my spark plugs and timing belt(retimed the engine too obviously) Also, it doesn't happen when the car is cold, does this make any difference?
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

sounds like a bad TPS adjustment, mines doing the same thing cuz i messed with the TPS just to see what it would do and im having the same problems u guys are....do the guide and readjust it and that should fix it if not probably a sensor.
1995 mazda Mx-3 RS 1.6liter DOHC B6-DE
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

i had these sytoms yrs ago in my 93 MX-3 turned out it was mt CTemp sencer i replaced everything still did it changed that sencer stop and ran fine or it could be something else.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

Limegreen mx-3 wrote:i had these sytoms yrs ago in my 93 MX-3 turned out it was mt CTemp sencer i replaced everything still did it changed that sencer stop and ran fine or it could be something else.

huh? please explain a little more Limegreen. I am interested in what this means. thanks.
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Coolant Temp Sensor.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”