Flooded mx3!!!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
anjin1982

Flooded mx3!!!

Post by anjin1982 »

Ok heres what happened...driving about 40 or so down rt.12 by me didnt notice swat until my car slows down quickly then i notice the water that came to the lower part of my car door... so i get out push it (cause it stalled) tryed to re-start it no luck i went back about 3 hrs later and it sounds like it trys to crank but only attemps to turn over once...another thing is my fan wont shut off even when the temp gauge reads cool! my hold light is on but not as bright as it should be but when i put the hold on it gets brighter...here are my concerns{ ecu?,bad electric sensor somewhere} can someone please help me bring it back to life any help is needed and welcomed later on today ima try to start it have it towed to my garage then start figuring it whats wrong...thanx to all...(Not sure if this helps but its an auto sohc, and i got the cai off ebay and i also did the hole bumper mod.)
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

Well update... it gets spark and fuel to the motor turns over but wont start...
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
happyclown

Post by happyclown »

heh, i have no idea what is wrong, but i was lookin at you cardomain page...

on page two you have a little drawing showin how your car was hit...
:lol:

picture the two squares you drew as people :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

that was the first thought in my head when i saw that! hahahaha...

anyway, hope you get pepper fixed! :wink:
1993 RS Teal
jimishadow

Post by jimishadow »

my daughters boyfriend did the same thing to hers this past weekend...i changed the ecu,the tranny ecu and seatbelt control box under seat,also had to change catalitic converter,and lots of vacuuming.if ya need an ecu i have it pm or post here .good luck if you get an insane high quote contact me and ill do it a lot cheaper,i hasve 4 wrec rs models 2 are autos so i have all parts needed.hers did same thing with hold lite and then when i got engine running it would not shift and hold light flashed till i switched tranny ecu.the ecu for engine flooded motor with gas so much it clogged up the cat.im in ne pa near rt 80.
azazel95

Post by azazel95 »

happyclown wrote:heh, i have no idea what is wrong, but i was lookin at you cardomain page...

on page two you have a little drawing showin how your car was hit...
:lol:

picture the two squares you drew as people :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

that was the first thought in my head when i saw that! hahahaha...

anyway, hope you get pepper fixed! :wink:
Wow, I have the same exact damage on my car on the driver side from a lady pulling out of a parking lot and hitting me the same exact way :shock:
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

Ok Now its a new problem it starts up fine but after about 5 mins of running it stalls out... but when i leave the key in the "driving position" with the motor off i hear the fuel pump runnin and runnin???i try to start it but no luck...WTF!!!
Mazda_Power

Post by Mazda_Power »

Sounds like something just needs time to dry out...
'92 Festiva L powered by a 1.8L SOHC Protege motor - For Sale
Shades

Post by Shades »

Try take your spark plugs out and let them dry out... seems like the water in the cylinders are wetting them and thus producing no spark. Maybe shoot some WD-40 down the spark plug tubes to try dry out the water.

Be careful, I sucked up some water a couple years ago... cut a long story short, the car drove for about 3 months and then because I bent a rod and didn't know, I threw a rod... had to replace the whole engine. :roll:
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
anjin1982

update

Post by anjin1982 »

Ok so friday it flooded now today weds. its fine the idle problem is even gone for now!!! Guess it needed a wash lol hell all is good for now so i hope it stays that way...thanx to all who helped love this ubb!!!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”