Very Cool Int. Light Mod For FREE!

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
MX3parkerGS

Very Cool Int. Light Mod For FREE!

Post by MX3parkerGS »

If your crazy about having to have EVERY single light in your interior to be blue like me :D , then you'll love this mod.

one night i was driving and i noticed...my turn signal lights in my cluster were green, which is dull compared to my inferno of blue lights everywhere else at night. so the next morning i opened up my cluster. and thought of this idea.

well, when you have your 'brights' on, it uses a square sized blue lens to make that int. light blue. so what i did was took out the green lenses for the turn signals, then took out the blue 'bright' lense and cut it in half at a diagonal cut. then glued each peice to the turn signal space and WALLA! now my turn signal lights are blue as well, can barley see them at day time now tho since the blue lense is kinda dark, but it goes along with the rest of the blue n my car at night like a dream!

only downside is when now you have your 'brights' on, the bright bulb just comes straight through w/o a lense and its really bright! unless you had another gauge cluster laying around like me :D

well thats it, tell me what you guys think!

Parker
'94 White MX-3 GS. Engine bay empty and waiting for the 2.5DE.

Completly stock, at this time.

Parker
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

i did it a easier way i just had some left over red tint laying around and glued a cut out of the arrow into the hole also i made up new gauge faces to replace my stock ones (ya my car is red not to say anything about the blue) but i never thought of the hi beam cover about the not being so bright to see try to find the natrual glass blubs they are really bright white lights
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Post by MX-3 Money »

Yup done this too.
1993 MX-3 GS 5 spd, KL-ZE swap, kl31 ecu, 110 amp alternator, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, SSautocrome headers, High flow cat, Pacesetter high flow cat-back, B&M shortshifter, Clear Sigs/Sides.
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

Tried it with blue tinted file folder tabs. They were too bright for me.... What else have people used for this besides the hi beam lens?
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
MX3parkerGS

Post by MX3parkerGS »

well i used to have orange ones from the gas light! :lol:
'94 White MX-3 GS. Engine bay empty and waiting for the 2.5DE.

Completly stock, at this time.

Parker
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

Oh im def doing this ive always wanted to change that nasty green!!!
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
StylinMike

Post by StylinMike »

I took the green lense right out and used 194 Blue LED bulbs. During they day they rock, but at night they blind you hardcore haha.
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

So is this an easy mod cause ive always been fearful of taking apart the cluster since i heard that the needles are easy to knock off the cal.
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
Corso

Post by Corso »

at one point for some lighting tint on my old car i used the color plastic front i think dentyne frost gum that comes in the plastic containers.
bluemx3

Post by bluemx3 »

This is a little off the subject, but I like blue lights on some of my cars also. I was wondering if any of you have purchased those blue LED shifter knobs off of ebay. I just purchased 2 for my cars and I must say they really look nice when there turned on, You can make them solid, flashing or strobe. I haven't installed them yet, but I will soon. That's my only concern, is that they won't install correctly. They were only $13.00 delivered to the door. If you like blue interior lights, you'll love these shifters.
Owner of 7 different cars, 5 being convertibles. 1990 Miata is one of my summer fun cars. I enjoy that car so much, I thought owning a MX3 would be fun also. Drive with your top open or top down. See my car web site at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/816145
FlyVFR
Supporting Member

Post by FlyVFR »

freyguy_412 wrote:Tried it with blue tinted file folder tabs. They were too bright for me.... What else have people used for this besides the hi beam lens?
Plexiglass­® (Acrylic) sheets come in different colors and easy to work with.
Stock 92 MX-3 GS
93 MX-3 GS KLZE
98 BMW 328IS
81 Trans AM NASCAR Pace Car
80 Trans Am INDY Pace Car
www.MyMX3.com Domain For Sale!
My Feedback File

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”