what should i fix?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Keira

what should i fix?

Post by Keira »

I searched around for a little while but I cant find the answers i need. I have quite a few questions.

About 2 months ago I had my timing belt and water pump replaced. My car ran great after that but now its going to crap. I am pretty sure my clutch is going too, when i accelerate in first gear my car doesnt really go anywhere, so I dont know if this is related to that.

Basically it just feels rough when i drive, especially 55mph and over. Its kinda making a wind up noise when i accelerate and it winds down when i slow down. Also when i take my foot of the gas, my car slows down really fast, so much that i have to downshift to get any power. I think i might be smelling coolant too. It doesnt look brown when i check it but i cant think of anything else that would smell like that. The steering is also really loose when I drive fast. Would that be because of shocks or the wheel bearings? Cause I think those are both crap too.

I am asking cause it seems like every time i let someone drive my car to see whats wrong it doesnt act funny for them like it does for me. I really dont want to just drop my car off to get fixed cause i cant be without it right now. I just need to figure out what needs to be fixed first cause i dont have much money. I feel like I should get the clutch replaced and get that outta the way but it isnt gone yet. What would you do?
1994 MX3 GS, 5 speed, mostly stock
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

by "doesn't really go anywhere" do you mean that when i punch it in first gear the rpm's go up to a certain point then stop and your speed is still increasing until it gets up to where it should be? if so then it is you clutch. your other problems i can't help you out with though, sorry.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/730367 - UPDATED!!!!!!!

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

Keira

Post by Keira »

I mean, when im in first gear and i give it gas the rpms go up but the car doesnt move forward. i have to rev it up to about 7000rpms and then it will kinda surge forward but it doesnt give much power till i shift into 2nd.
1994 MX3 GS, 5 speed, mostly stock

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”