Stock Springs Broke

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
cb mx3

Stock Springs Broke

Post by cb mx3 »

Are the front stock springs in our cars know to go. When I bought my car the front 2 were broke (idiot I bought it from drove around on the one broken spring too long til the other side broke) and while stripping my scrap car I took off a front tire and there it was... a broken front spring.
Is this a common thing.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I think there is a recall on it in the northern areas, read the main page of this site under recalls.
cb mx3

Post by cb mx3 »

They were recalled.....I didn't really look into it as a recall b/c I got mine for free b/c I knew the manager at the local mazda parts department so just had to pay for shipping but the recall would explain why there broke. Oh yeah
"I think there is a recall on it in the northern areas"

Is that b/c of the salt they use on the roads up here
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Recall yes. Salt corrosion yes. Link: http://mx-3.com/recalls/coilsprings.cfm
Image -Jim
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

i've seen a couple MX-3's at the junkyard with those "guards" installed......basically a crappy looking bracket that somehow bolts to the spring perch. Dunno if they had to drill or what but it looks effective i geuss.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Luckily mine is a California car. But now that it'll see its first snow this season, I was cleaning and clear coating all my suspension parts last night to at least suspend the onset of rust. I had to take it off to replace the strut moutns anyways, so I figured what the hell.
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

when i got my car the rear spring was in 4 pieces and i was driving one day and hit a bump and the passenger front spring snapped my bumper hit the ground cracked my strut snapped in half gouged the shat outta the tire. it wasnt pretty more freaky when u hear a bang then like grinding from the spring hitting the strut and eating the tire... and well id say lower the car cuz ur cheaper off that way....
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
glow

Post by glow »

It seems the recall states only the eastern provinces. So I guess this recall doesn't apply to cars in BC then?
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

why would you need it in BC? you guys use dirt on the roads, not salt like us idiots out east. :?
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”