projectors

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
reaper of souls

projectors

Post by reaper of souls »

ok so i have a easy question i hope i know that civic projectors {with a little loving} will swap into our cars but what year range will and also which year involes the least cutting. aslo is it always nessary to car anything on the car i saw the how to on the evilyetis install but i don't want to be cutting into my baby
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

No choice big guy. Gotta cut metal panel in rear for depth, gotta cut hood for contour and gotta cut fender too. Hope you know a good body man that's inexpensive cause you're going to need that and priming and painting afterwards. If you're doing all of it yourself then it should be cost effective. If not you'd probably be better off with tatsu's projector group buy. A lot more quality bang for the buck and no carving of the car. A lot better flexibility too, if you opt to go Zenon (HID) instead.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

jschrauwen wrote:No choice big guy. Gotta cut metal panel in rear for depth, gotta cut hood for contour and gotta cut fender too. Hope you know a good body man that's inexpensive cause you're going to need that and priming and painting afterwards.

I used the Honda Civic 01 type and didn't cut anything but the light housing itself :P .... you are probabbly referring to the bigger 96 model lights :?:
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

We used the 01-03 lights, and had to cut behind the light, cut the bumper, inside the fender, and some other stuff. Nothing on the hood though.

It`s quite a lot of work, to get it looking good.

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I helped a MOCA member install some and we didn't cut anything, but it was obvious that the light didn't belong in the car if the hood was up. Hood shut it looked fine though. I also don't know what year he used.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

I just cut the lights, inside of the fenders, and a little metal on the top of the lights. Actually, the lights fit pretty good.

All I can say is just try and do it. How it turns out, will be different then all of us.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
Mx3dogg99

projectors

Post by Mx3dogg99 »

well i have put in my projectors and they are lookin really fine but i cant seem to wire it up so i have the halo workin so if anyone could help me on this it would be great.
Biggdogg19_07@yahoo.com
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Is it wired up now with everything working except the halo? When should the halo be on? If you can let us know that we can probably help.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
reaper of souls

you should be able to get a conversion plug for the lights to run through your factory light plug also if you want run the wires for the halos to your daytime running lights (if equiped) and then you can have them on all the time even when your headlights are off i think it would look cool
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.
Mx3dogg99

Post by Mx3dogg99 »

Yeah the headlights are wired up right now but the halo are not working and i think they are suppose to be on with the low beams but i just dont want to run in and cut and mess everything up.
Reaper i think the halos would look cool with the daytime runnin lights
when i set up my page ill put a picture of it on there so you could see it..
zstadt

Post by zstadt »

Alright, this isn't about Civic projectors, but I found a guy in Germany who put in some MX-5 projectors and the look awesome. Check it out: http://www.black-shark.de/mx3d.htm
Pretty awesome.
*'93 MX-3*
reaper of souls

cool can't wait to see some pics

i think soon (mabye over the winter) i'm going to try my hand at creating a new set of light for my baby and hopefully still using the existing headlight shell if succesfull it will be able to be reproduced at a very low price and install will include removing the front lens cover of the stock headlight and dropping in the replacement and wiring so i hope it works and looks good
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

PATDIESEL wrote:I helped a MOCA member install some and we didn't cut anything, but it was obvious that the light didn't belong in the car if the hood was up. Hood shut it looked fine though. I also don't know what year he used.
I don't know exactly what it's looking like, but I'm thinking a sheet of black ABS plastic and a heat gun will make a decent trim panel to cover up any imperfectons.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”