ZE Spark Plugs

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx34u2nv

ZE Spark Plugs

Post by mx34u2nv »

k, dont mean to kick a dead horse. I did the search to find out what plugs to use in the ze, and found that bkr are the one....zfr will close the gap. Now the issue is, went to canadian tire to buy plugs and all plugs are listed with only numbers and no letters. What car and engine are the bkr plugs for so I get the right ones pls. Read maybe for a probe 4 banger.......year unknown.

thanks .. sorry about more plug questions...
Full fx designs body kit, Apex lowering springs tokico struts, walbro fuelpump, klze, 17" sachhi wheels, b'm short throw shifter, ractive frount and rear tower bars, kl36 ecu. all for sale....pending
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Go to a parts store where someone isn't so lazy to go back and look on the shelf.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

What brands do they carry. You're using NGK part numbers. If you do a search, you'll also find Denso plug part numbers for ZE.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

you want BKR not ZFR..

zfr = the usdm probe 2.5 ones and poke out too far. the BKR's are the oem KLZE shizzle

and why try to find denso's? they are hard as hell to find.

NGK v-powers are not only the best oe replacements you can get (copper > platinum), they are the cheapest & regularly stocked at advance auto parts for 1.68 a peice.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Post by MX-3 Money »

1993 MX-3 GS 5 spd, KL-ZE swap, kl31 ecu, 110 amp alternator, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, SSautocrome headers, High flow cat, Pacesetter high flow cat-back, B&M shortshifter, Clear Sigs/Sides.
mx34u2nv

Post by mx34u2nv »

not a single one of you answered my question.
mx3 money Thanks for the link, thats the one I was using when I said that zfr's close the gap. It didnt answer my question thats why I put up a post.
Full fx designs body kit, Apex lowering springs tokico struts, walbro fuelpump, klze, 17" sachhi wheels, b'm short throw shifter, ractive frount and rear tower bars, kl36 ecu. all for sale....pending
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Post by MX-3 Money »

The numebers and letter you see on that post on on the package at canadian tire, thats how I found mine. Should be in the top right corner, maybe left but its there. Just look really hard for Bkr6e11 and you'll find it.
1993 MX-3 GS 5 spd, KL-ZE swap, kl31 ecu, 110 amp alternator, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, SSautocrome headers, High flow cat, Pacesetter high flow cat-back, B&M shortshifter, Clear Sigs/Sides.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

MX-3 Money wrote:The numebers and letter you see on that post on on the package at canadian tire, thats how I found mine. Should be in the top right corner, maybe left but its there. Just look really hard for Bkr6e11 and you'll find it.
Don't know why you're having so much difficulty. CTC numbering in one corner and NGK numbering in the other. May be displayed as per CTC number and all that means is that you need to look a little harder. They've got the V-Grove, platinum, and iridium - they all should be there, unless the layout has changed in the last 2 days. BKR6E-11 or BKR5E-11. Good luck. Btw, good to see one my old threads is of some use.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

I don't recommend canadian tire for spark plugs. They overcharge and don't have that good of selection.

Go to NAPA you can buy them individually for like $2.50 each. Get the BKR6E-11......
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

If you go to Autozone and ask for Denso 3121 that's the plugs the ZEs came with. I've been running them in mine with no issues. They are a little cheaper than the NGKs too.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

You can also try out NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs BKR6EIX-11. I'm currently using them on my ZE and so far no problems that I can see. I bought them from here.

You can see on the application chartthat the KLZE is listed under the MS8 & and Eunos800.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

wyldside wrote:You can also try out NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs BKR6EIX-11. I'm currently using them on my ZE and so far no problems that I can see. I bought them from here.

You can see on the application chartthat the KLZE is listed under the MS8 & and Eunos800.
Please note, I am using the BKR6E-11 and my car is faster :shock: heh
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

I wanted to post something about the plugs...i know the correct plugs are the NGK BKR6E-11, but i had bought some crappy Autolites for my MX-6 which the equivelant NGK were ZFR5f-11.

But the guy gave me the Autolite Platinums for the MX-6 and i had thrown those in my ZE in my MX-3 to use so i may drive the car til i got the correct plugs. But i could totally tell a difference when changing the plugs to the "correct" NGK BKR's....the other plugs pulled soo much harder and the car seemed to respond better to them. When installing the BKR's the car didn't seem as peppy...anyone know y that is??
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

Rick Johnson wrote:
Please note, I am using the BKR6E-11 and my car is faster :shock: heh
I don't think that's the cause. My NGK Irridium Plugs have a slightly bigger spark from what I've seen for myself. Your car is probably faster because my motor mounts are shot. We'll have to compare that again some time.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Poly fill those suckas!!!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”