Squeeky Steering wheel! (Aftermarket)

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Typhoonk

Squeeky Steering wheel! (Aftermarket)

Post by Typhoonk »

:D So it's hot right. Ya real hot. So about at a week ago my Steering wheel starts to squeek likes it rubbing on something. I guess it's cause of the heat, and stuff swelling up.
Didn't go away so I took apart me steering column and regrease everything (cause my signals were squeeking too). Still didn't go away.

I have an aftermarket steering wheel. Nothing fancy. Had it for a year and no squeaks. So I took my steering wheel off again, and noticed that the steering wheel when tightened - the hub adapter pushes down on the signal things that cancell the signal.

So am I missing a part or is this ok and just a heat thing?
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
Aaron Sharpe

Post by Aaron Sharpe »

Hey I just got and aftermarket steering wheel and adapter yesterday and I'm having the same problems. I noticed when you do tighten it too much your turn signals wont go back to off after you turn. I'm going to try to grease it up today and see what happens but the noise is something only hell produces. I hate it!
1.6 sohc, Atlantice Blue Mettalic, lowered 1.6", custom intake, custom 2.5 cat back exhaust, carbon fiber hood, battery relocation, currently running 75 hp shot of ZEX smart nitrous. ZEX blue illuminite purge kit, Custom Fiberglassed Spoiler (Mzdspd Style), MOMO Steering Wheel, black leather racing seats, enkei 17" DM5 wheels, and some other s---.
I want TURBO. I have no money

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2045197
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

can u check on the back of the factory steering wheel and let me know if it's just flat with the two turn signal holes. (which go top and bottom)
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
Aaron Sharpe

Post by Aaron Sharpe »

Ok, so its been awhile, and you probably already figured it out, my steering wheel just need to be broken in, but still when it is fairly warm out it will squeek a little. But other than that its fine.
1.6 sohc, Atlantice Blue Mettalic, lowered 1.6", custom intake, custom 2.5 cat back exhaust, carbon fiber hood, battery relocation, currently running 75 hp shot of ZEX smart nitrous. ZEX blue illuminite purge kit, Custom Fiberglassed Spoiler (Mzdspd Style), MOMO Steering Wheel, black leather racing seats, enkei 17" DM5 wheels, and some other s---.
I want TURBO. I have no money

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2045197

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”