where to mount my tv

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
chads_mx3

where to mount my tv

Post by chads_mx3 »

Hey, I just bought a 5 inch tv and was wondering where I could mount it that would look good. Any help would be great. Thanks
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

you could relocate your head unit to your glove box and then fit the screen in the double din unit in the dash....

or you could get a custom pod to fit it on the dash...

both would look good
chads_mx3

Post by chads_mx3 »

yah I wanted to put it in where the cd player was. Is it hard to relocate the cd player?
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

Just figure out how to mount it so its stationary in your glove box and make the wires longer, simple as that. A couple pleople have it in that location and it looks good there. Nowhere else really to have it except if you have the old style dash and take out your center vents and custom mold it in there.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

There's a guy called mp3guy that had a carpc in his Mx-3, it's been a while, be he just used the standard mound and put it on the dash above the vents
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

you could also mount it in the center console under the arm rest. ive seen that done a few times
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
ooELMOoo

Post by ooELMOoo »

I put my TV where the old cd player was it was easy......just get a dremel......and i didnt even need to extend my wires for it to fit in the glove box...u just have to make sure u cut at the right angle because it has 3 laytesr u need to cut....
----------------
| CUSTOM X3|
----------------
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Post by MX-3 Money »

Leave the tv in the house where it belongs.
1993 MX-3 GS 5 spd, KL-ZE swap, kl31 ecu, 110 amp alternator, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, SSautocrome headers, High flow cat, Pacesetter high flow cat-back, B&M shortshifter, Clear Sigs/Sides.
cdngrl420

Post by cdngrl420 »

or you could do the disaster my dad did (everyone at the next car meet will get a laugh) get a pole and mount it to the floor its sturdy but looks retarded so someone plz come up with an idea where to mount a tv mines a 7 inch plus a couple inches for the buttons so it wont fit in the double din or anywhere on the dash help! lol
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

cdngrl420 wrote:or you could do the disaster my dad did (everyone at the next car meet will get a laugh) get a pole and mount it to the floor its sturdy but looks retarded so someone plz come up with an idea where to mount a tv mines a 7 inch plus a couple inches for the buttons so it wont fit in the double din or anywhere on the dash help! lol
Hey! My LCD was mounted in a similar fashion until a few months ago when me and my dad created the new mount... :oops:
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

try your living room :P
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
cdngrl420

Post by cdngrl420 »

DavidOS wrote:try your living room :P
my dad might get a little p'd off if his 64 inch tv is replaced by a 7 inch POS lol
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

FWIW, when i first got my MX, it of course came with the amfmcass. I used one of those cheesie cassettes that have mini input RC cables attached to that cassette that would attach to my postable CD player ... OK OK ... wre talking back in '95 too. Anyway, to co-locate the CD unit to the OEM stereo, (remember than it's a portable CD unit), I mounted the Panasonic CD unit on a flex type (goose neck type) rod that attaches to the passenger seat rail bolt. This mounting unit had a platform with lock down screw attachment for the CD unit and the platform itself was of a fluid floating type, obviuosly to cushion the bumps. I'm sure the monitor could be adapted to that platform easy enough. As I said it's completely flexible to any angle and a bit for height and would not be obtrusive to the passenger. Very cheap. I think I still got mine sitting in a box in the basement. That flexibilty will also allow you to fold it away too. It's old tech, but it might be what you're looking for since it's small and lightweight and doesn't require the monsterous swing out type monitor holder. THat flex neck was also a panasonic item.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

cdngrl420 wrote:
DavidOS wrote:try your living room :P
my dad might get a little p'd off if his 64 inch tv is replaced by a 7 inch POS lol
haha tell him its better resolution :P
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

cdngrl420 wrote: his 64 inch tv
:shock: And I thought my 42" plasma was big. :shock:
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “Appearance”