Sunroof Stuck Open

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Blotto

Sunroof Stuck Open

Post by Blotto »

Well, I just got to work and went to close my sunroof and the close part of the button quit working. It still works when I push the open part. Either way I need to get the sunroof closed in case it rains.

Is there any wires I could jump or some type of quick fix to get it closed. My Haynes manual is at home so I don't have a wiring diagram to look at here.
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

You can close it manually. There should be a tool in the toolkit that fits into a socket that is under a plug on the roof behind the sunroof. Just pop the plug off and you'll see what I mean.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
Blotto

Post by Blotto »

Well, I have a 'S' bend type allen wrench basically. The lug in my roof is missing so the thing is visible, but the allen tool I have does not fit there. The thing there just looks rounded inside with a o-ring thingy around the outside.

Maybe I'm missing something I'll run out into the parking lot and check again.
Blotto

Post by Blotto »

Yeah, it just looks rounded and the tool I have will not fit. I'm rather limited what I can try here at work so may just have to hope to get home without it raining.
Postman2K

Post by Postman2K »

funny, the '94+ GS models have no access for manual operation.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

was it hot out? you need to clean rails and lube them up
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

you would still hear the motor straining... PLEASE say u checked ur fuses?
christexan

Post by christexan »

Hope you got that fixed before now... but if not...
Mine did the same thing (switch worn out ultimately), I simply popped the switch assembly off, desoldered the wires (after documenting as best I could with a voltage meter the wires that still worked properly , reversed them, and closed it... I've since cleaned out the switch and it works sometimes, so it's still in "reverse" (push close to open, open to close). Otherwise I had no idea how to get it closed, but that took all of about 15 minutes to do. Good luck!
Black 94 MX3 GS loaded except ABS, Original owner (139kmiles, bought fresh off the delivery truck(watched them unload it at the lot still wrapped in shipping plastic), KYB Struts, Brembo rotors, KVR Carbon Fiber pads, Dolby Digital EX/PLII/DTS-ES/Neo6 decoder, DVD player, 7.1-discrete channels, 550watt 5.1 amp plus bridged 140-watt 2-channel, 4x6.5"-3-way; 2x6.5" 4-way centers (front/rear) (all Pioneers), MTX 10" sub), Sony CD receiver, more to come, has survived $24,000+ US in damage in it's lifetime and still rolling (anyone have a straight 1994 U.S. spec right front fender to part with?)

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”