How many types of center consoles were there?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Cynic94rs

How many types of center consoles were there?

Post by Cynic94rs »

My 1994rs (US spec) had a 2-tier console stack added as an option. The top stack flips open to reveal a small storage area, and the bottom flips open to create 2 cupholders for back seat passengers and the option of either a deep storage area, or another 2 cupholders by laying a thin plastic insert over the hole.

Anyway I hate this console stack! I'm constantly ramming my elbows into it and nobody drinks in my car anyway.

So I wonder -- what other options did MX-3's come with. Can I get a lid that isn't as tall without cupholders of any kind?

Thanks. Post pics of your setup if you have any, please.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

I know at least of two different ones, seems like M/T and A/T had different ones
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Pre-94's had the single-compartment center console and a wire-ring type cup holder. I like the pre-94 ctr. console design better than the cheapazz 94+ double decker console which is prone to getting beat up and broken at the hinges anyway. My .02.
Image -Jim
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Post by MX-3 Money »

Not all pre 94 consoles had the cup holder ring. Ive had 2 consoles in my car both pre 94 and both with out the cup holder. Unless I got unlucky and got 2 that lose there rings.
1993 MX-3 GS 5 spd, KL-ZE swap, kl31 ecu, 110 amp alternator, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, SSautocrome headers, High flow cat, Pacesetter high flow cat-back, B&M shortshifter, Clear Sigs/Sides.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I've never see the ring except on a few e-bay auctions, everyone seems to be missing it

I picked up a double stack late last year, i like it, a nice place to rest the arm. It was getting in the way at first, I wasn't used to the height, but now i like it
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Dominicanchu_Nmbr1

Post by Dominicanchu_Nmbr1 »

my 93 ctr cnsl came with the ring. its not too high, and it works great for dunkin donut pit stops. anybody got a pic of the bigger console? i've never seen one.
-=[Irving A.]=-

Return to “Appearance”