Wheres you're Antena at?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Wheres you're Antena at?

Post by MX-3 Money »

So I was woundering just for fun, how many ppl leave their antena pushed all in or pulled out? Figured I'd post it in the appearance forum cuz I know I don't use my radio anymore just listen to cds, so the antena is just for looks now. btw I leave my out but not all the way.
1993 MX-3 GS 5 spd, KL-ZE swap, kl31 ecu, 110 amp alternator, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, SSautocrome headers, High flow cat, Pacesetter high flow cat-back, B&M shortshifter, Clear Sigs/Sides.
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

always in it is the worst thing about our cars. i want to shave it but my screws are so striped i dont know how i can get them off
m92_MX3

Post by m92_MX3 »

mine it IN lol otherwise it looks like an RC car but my friend has an 89 CRX and his is twice the length of ours :shock: :o
CTC Racing
92 1.6L
93 323 Tranny, ACT clutch, Exhaust, cold air intake, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 8.5mm super conductor wires NGK V-power platinum plugs,engine dress up,custom interior(almost done), GS front bumper, GS 5 spoke wheels Painted white.
Neil

Post by Neil »

I always have mine all the way down. I'll be shaving it when i have the car painted next winter.
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

I'm an outie :D
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Grants wrote:I'm an outie :D
lol Same here. May consider a different ant. setup before a paint job next year tho.
Image -Jim
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

mines in, dont like the look at all with it out lol
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Post by MX-3 Money »

wow i didn't know ppl hated it that much lol.
1993 MX-3 GS 5 spd, KL-ZE swap, kl31 ecu, 110 amp alternator, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, SSautocrome headers, High flow cat, Pacesetter high flow cat-back, B&M shortshifter, Clear Sigs/Sides.
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

I shaved Mine
kinetica

Post by kinetica »

If I'm driving and decide to listen to the radio, I just reach out the window and pull it up; otherwise it's all the way in.
1993 Mazda MX3 GS - Stock for now
1997 Saturn SC1 - Daily driver/beater/slow
azazel95

Post by azazel95 »

You mean it's not power? (The things you learn)

Mine is down but thats because I don't have it hooked up to my deck. I thought it was a power antenna :oops: o well I don't listen to the radio anyways, just cd's.

BTW, I think it looks a lot better down.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

kinetica wrote:If I'm driving and decide to listen to the radio, I just reach out the window and pull it up; otherwise it's all the way in.
Exactly! Although it's gotta be pretty bad if I'm using the radio...with the entire Mp3 collection on the CarPC, I don't even use CD's anymore :D So, if for some reason I don't use the CarPC, I have a few CD's (some regular, some Mp3 CD's) in the visor, so for me, the radio is completely useless that I wouldn't even bother with it and remove the antenna, if i wasn't affraid of regreting it later.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Chiggles

Post by Chiggles »

Mine is usually retracted as well, mostly for aesthetic reasons. Although I still use my radio semi-often and despite the fact that it's down, I still get pretty good reception. I use it to keep updated on traffic reports every now and then, specially during rush hours, and some of the guys on these morning shows run hilarious babble between songs. Other than that, it's just something for me to keep up to date on what new songs are released. 85% of the time though, I run CDs.
matt-gerrard
Supporting Member

Post by matt-gerrard »

neutral wrote:
Grants wrote:I'm an outie :D
lol Same here. May consider a different ant. setup before a paint job next year tho.
:werd:
I just love the cars that we have no matt-er(lol) how little or much you do to them there all so beautiful!Drive it, like you stole it!'92 gs V6
http://www.dfwmazdas.com/vbulletin/imag ... 1148070546
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

mine is always out....looky at pic:

Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM

Return to “Appearance”