hey

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
Zbroja

hey

Post by Zbroja »

Heya all, I live in London. ONT..

Been looking around for a KLZE for my Mazda. Found a guy who can get me one for 1500$$ from Toronto. Good price or no? Anywayz if anyone has any leads or shops that have them in stock or looking to sell them quick and given that the shops are reliable. Please help me out, my K8 is eating gas i need a KLZE. Thx all!
msequence

Post by msequence »

hmm that could be number of things..

o2 sensors,
new fuel filter
etc. ... if yer k8 was eating oil.. or you wanted more speed.. than I understand...

my klze with ms08 takes fuel just as much.. remember the tank is smaller, and you now have a 2.5 liter engine.. so if yer after gas savings.. hehe look elsewhere

Matt
Green Metallic Sparkle 1994 KLZE Mazda Mx6 - Show car / 1992 KLZE - MS08 MX3 - Daily driver
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Myself, i got a huge gas milleage increase with the KLZE, i used to empty a tank in about 350km on my old K8, with the KLZE just after the swap, i was averagint 350-450km (well, gas milleage does down them your having fun ;)). The first Winter, i squeezed a 475km tank going to Ottawa, and coming back from the Ottawa Mazda Meet this year, I pulled an amazing 510km tank, a few mods including new o2 sensors i put in in spring must have improved it even more. Even Kp2t got 460-something if i rememberd right. We are talking ton how the gas milleage was bad, and he has the k8 ecu, he upgraded to a KL31 a few weeks before the meet, and got very nice milleage coming back. I'm sure the "cleaning" our engines experience on the Sunday cruise helped as well ;)

I just gased up today and got 323km's on 25L's

In the year and a half i had the k8, i never once broke 400km on a tank, high 300's yes, like 375 and such, but never 400+
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Zbroja

Post by Zbroja »

Sorry guys I meant my K8 is eating Oil. I checked it all out, and I think the oil seals or whatever are probably done. The K8 has 240km on it, so its quite a bit. Im not gonna pass emission in February so I need to find myself a new Engine. So anywayz if anyone has any great places to start looking for a KLZE please let me know. I have a few leads myself and I've checked out a couple of engines, but their trying to sell me off some kind of different engine which they claim is a true KLZE. Well see what this guy from Toronto has to say abut this KLZE for 1500$$ which I think is not gonna work out. I've checked out the local shops in London, and found a True KLZE. Did a compression check on the engine and the last damn cylinder turned out to be complete GARBAGE Grrrrr.... almost found a KLZE. Anywayz if anyone can help me out, please help me out. Thx all
Later!
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

$1500 for a motor alone is really steep if you ask me. From all the places that I checked out in TO I would say the most expensive one I found was about $1000...and I got mine for $800 or so..and so far it's been running super smooth and really solid.

If you need the inforamtion of the shop where I picked it up PM me and I will send you the info.
Friends are just enemies who lack the testicular fortitude to kill you.

I'm a 2min man in a 1min universe

94 GS - KLZE, Spec2 Clutch, Fidanza 9lbs FW, 2 1/4 full magnaflow exhaust. 145WHP / 147WTQ
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

Alright...another londoner 8)
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

you should definately find out if that 1500 is including all the accessories or if its for the engine alone (or engine+tranny). cuz ya, the prices here are normally just under 1000 for engine alone. i'v got a few numbers, but havn't yet delt w/ them for engines so i don't know if they're any good for that. i know i'v heard BAD things about A-Spec tho.
pm me if you want the info i do have tho
mx34u2nv

Post by mx34u2nv »

I went to unauthorised performance, in london to get my ze. the sent it to a place in St. Catherines? I think to get the swap done. aBSOLUTE PERFORMANCE. Not recommended. I got my car back and it still had tools uder the hood, they broke 4 bolts that hold on tranny, shorted out my stereo, some how. Unauthorised is good. Cheap prices on everything. But absolute is bad........
Full fx designs body kit, Apex lowering springs tokico struts, walbro fuelpump, klze, 17" sachhi wheels, b'm short throw shifter, ractive frount and rear tower bars, kl36 ecu. all for sale....pending

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”