Help - Seat Belt Light and Beeping Constant

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Citizenska

Help - Seat Belt Light and Beeping Constant

Post by Citizenska »

I have a 93 MX3 SE GS. The seat belt light keeps beeping and going off every minute or so. If you tug on the shoulder seat belt a certain way it goes off then if you move it, it comes on. How can I repair this or stop the beeping?
Chris
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

This has been discussed many times in the past because it happens a lot to mx-3's. If you had searched "seatbelt" You probably could have found a few helpful bits but this is the best info you could get. It is a How-To by Gro Harlem. http://www.projectmazda.com/howto/seatbeltlight/
93 GS KLZE Straight Neck (Parked)
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

move your seat all the way forward and unplug the seat belt plug it will totally by pass it and stop it from beeping for good or untill you plug it back in
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.
happyclown

Post by happyclown »

will doing this stop your seatbelt from locking up when you are breaking hard...

When i was tearing apart the interior i thought about just unplugging that, but i dont wanna smash my face off the stearing wheel when some tree jumps infrount of me :)
1993 RS Teal

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”