what disty can i use i need to know bad thanx

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
luvmymx3

what disty can i use i need to know bad thanx

Post by luvmymx3 »

hey if anybody has any pictures of all the different types of distys i can put in my 92 mx3 plz let me know cause mine is shot and i have a disty from my motor swap but not sure if it will work or not cause it looks different. i dont think my plugs will plug into it so if u have any info it would be helpful as soon as possible thanx
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

just curious what motor did you swap
luvmymx3

it is the klze motor swap

Post by luvmymx3 »

i think since it is a 95 ford probe motor that it is the klze 2.5l j spec. that is the info i got on the papers from the purchase from a japanese motor company. but i have to distys that look the same with just one plug and the one in my car has two plugs how can i make this work i have no money right now and need my car bad or if anyone has a cheap disty that they wanna get rid i really need one with two plugs on it.
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

yeah it should have 2 plugs...my 1994 MX-6 and 1993 MX-3 both have 2 plugs. But my MX-6 when i had an MSD setup then i only used one plug from the disty. But the 95 disty's are different from the 94-pre years.

So you need to find a 94 or older disty for it to work.
luvmymx3

Post by luvmymx3 »

well is there any way to use the one plug set up. i have no money right now and i am going to lose my job and house if i dont get it fixed fast. if u know anywhere to get a cheap distributor or anyone who has one plz let me know and thanx for the reply
gfreire

Post by gfreire »

Just do a HEI mod on the two plug disty. It will save you alot of money because most likely its just the ignitor thats bad in your disty. It will cost you at most like 30$ just buy the HEI control module model number ACDelco #D1906, there is other models also this is the one i have. It should be in the faq a tutorial how to do it, very simple to do and the piece is easy to find its a GM part.
[FS] Carbon Fiber Alteza Tail Lights used
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54541
[FS] 17' Motegi DP6 Hyper Black rims
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54497
n2oklze

Post by n2oklze »

Becareful, it's not always the igniter that goes out. There is also a coil in there that will fail. Look around in this section (v6 tech/performance) and you can find a post by me that will tell you how to use a klze distributer. You can find those for pretty dang cheap on here and Probetalk since most people don't know how to use them. You can get one of those, purchase a coil and igniter from junkyard, and have a distributer set-up that will outlast any stock k series distributer.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”