NOS on a KLDE worth it?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Juans_93_MX3

NOS on a KLDE worth it?

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

I heard the recommended shot of Nitrous for the KLDE should be a 75shot. But what do you guys think, is it even worth getting nitrous? I know the effects of nitrous but I am just wondering, why does it seem like nobody on here even spraying with nitrous?
How about on a turboed KLDE?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Post by MX-3 Money »

Well I can't help you out on this one, but if you're really interested you should talk to Rick Johnson. He just put nos on his K8. Sounds like it worked out for him.
1993 MX-3 GS 5 spd, KL-ZE swap, kl31 ecu, 110 amp alternator, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, SSautocrome headers, High flow cat, Pacesetter high flow cat-back, B&M shortshifter, Clear Sigs/Sides.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I know a guy was running 50 shot.. he tried 100 and the k8 blew..altough they k8 is wewaker than a klde.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

I'm running a 65 dry shot and it's starting to get lean on the K8, I think a 75 dry on the DE should be ok.

I have 5 extra injectors I was going to put in and run a 200 shot, but my stock clutch can't put the power to the ground - it slips really badly on the gear shifts with the lil' 65 shot :roll:

I have a new clutch but I'll just put that in with the ZE.
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

OK, as far as the K8 engine i don't have a clue to what it can hold.

But as far as Nitrous on a KLDE i got plenty of experince...i have been running nitrous through my KLDE for about 2-3 yrs and my compression has stayed ~190 psi through all 6 cylinders. If you do it right it will not F"ck anything up.

I started out with a 50...and after getting all the kinks worked out upgraded the fuel pump and bumped it to a 75 shot and ran that for a while. Then i went to the 100 shot and have been running this for some time now will nothing but praises. Now i switched it up to a 125 shot and everything is still all good. the only thing is a Clutch..majke sure your can hold the power. (i went through a Clutchmaster Stage 3, and a SPEC stage 3)

And yes that is a fully internally stock KLDE with approz 150,000 miles. Oh yeah the nitrous kit i am running is a ZEX Wet kit

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”