Sunroof...

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
happyclown

Sunroof...

Post by happyclown »

Ok, so a friend of mine wanted an mx-3 like me but was tight on cash... some how he found one... a 92 gs for 500 bucks... turns out the kid who owned it is a dipshit... the engine is beat to he##, the clutch is gone, the interior is a mess, on seat missing, stains everywhere... might expect it for 500 bucks, but thats not the decription that was given, other wise it would not have been bought... so anyway, if he cant get his money back or whatever he's going to have to junk it... Im snagging the rims, they are the stock alloy ones, better than my steal crap. and i want to get his sunroof too! it works perfect! not a problem with it.

So my questions are:

Will the gs sunroof fit in my rs, or is the roof in a gs thick to fit the motor or whatever?

Is it even possible to have even a professional install it? I have a little pop up roon right now, but i would much rather have that one if its possible!

What kind of wiering and crap will i have to do?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but it seemed right to me...
1993 RS Teal
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I'm sure it will fit.. but I have no idea where you would get it done and I have no idea how much it would cost. But I am interested in what you find out.. my RS doesnt have the sunroof either. I imagine the wiring wouldnt be that much fun either.. Let me know what you find out :)

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”