Got my rebuilt KLDE started.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
lakersfan1

Got my rebuilt KLDE started.

Post by lakersfan1 »

Finally got my KLDE started today. I just layed it up with lots of grounding straps everywhere, and she started right up. Just looks like a little exhaust leak, which is no big deal as I can just spray the gaskets down twith some copper spray. Tomorow I'll fill her coolant and tranny fluid and hopefully go for a test drive. One quick question though. I've got ONE errant vacuum hose. It comes off the firewall just right (passenger) of the master cylinder. Can anyone tell me where that vacuum hose goes? I'm guessing the EGR, but maybe it goes to an intake runner? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Sounds liek it might be the hose that comes from one of the egr solanoids, this hose usually goes to the stock airbox. it may be sumthing else.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

The one that goes to the airbox I already had a paper filter on instead of going to the intake, and I didn't mess with that between swaps, so I know this hose doesn't go to the intake. It's too short anyways. It comes off a solenoid attached to dead center of the top of the firewall. If someone can, please go out and look real quick and see where it runs to.
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

the only one that i can think of that goes into the firewall right next to the master cylinder...is the Vacuum line for the brake booster. You wouldn't happen to have any pics?
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

No. I can try to do a screen capture off my camcorder I guess later if I need to. It's not the big brake booster one, it's a little skinny line. It's further over. Pretty damned close to dead smack in the middle of the firewall from left to right.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

lakersfan1 wrote:The one that goes to the airbox I already had a paper filter on instead of going to the intake, and I didn't mess with that between swaps, so I know this hose doesn't go to the intake. It's too short anyways. It comes off a solenoid attached to dead center of the top of the firewall. If someone can, please go out and look real quick and see where it runs to.
LF1 I think you're referring to the Solenoid Valve (Purge Control). If so, one line should still be connected to the charcoal cannister which is located on the passenger side lowest part of the firewall. The other line from that solenoid valve (the one in question) is supposed to run the the IM just after the TB. I have mine connected to the 90 degree vaccum spiggot on my Millennia IM using a second hose (stubby fuel line size) as a step-down because that spiggot's diameter is larger than the size of the vaccum line. I suppose the original spiggot on the K8 IM is of the correct diameter to accomodate that vaccum line. Hope this helps.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Cool. Thanks. So to the IM. That I can find. I was hoping it wasn't to the EGR, because that's buried under a crapload of wires and hoses.
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

yup thats it...someone beat me to it. theres a intake port after the trottleboddy..behind the intake manifold btween the fire wall. kinda above the egr. its in the mainfold..heh...hope u find it.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”