rental price?!?!

Off-Topic Discussions
relisys_3200

rental price?!?!

Post by relisys_3200 »

I went to Blockbuster tonight to rent an xbox game...so I brought it up to pay when the guy rang it through. It came up $9.19!! I thought it was a mistake so I asked and he said that all the games were $7.99+taxes. My question is...when did they raise the price so high??? I havn't rented a game in probably a month and i though it used to be $5.99. I think thats a crazy price for a 3 night rental, but i got it anyways (boring night and need something to do). Now i have to stay up playing it for 3 days straight to make sure i get my money's worth.
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

$9.19 :shock: I knew there was a reason I stopped going to blockbutser
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

I went to rogers before to rent a game and they told me they wanted $20 for a 3 night rental. So I just walked out
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I think the price hike coincides with the "no late fees"
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

Said it once, I'll say it again: Hollywood video rocks! Die block buster die!!! lol
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

Hollywood Video is the place to go now for rentals. Blockbuster is really screwing themselves.

But what I can't believe is when you go to the theatre, how much everything costs. $8.25 for the ticket, $3.00 for M&Ms, $4.25 for a soda!!! They are insane!!!
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Yeah, but if you have a decent bf you aren't the one forking out. We guys pay $30+ just taking a chick to a movie w/ drinks and some popcorn. :roll: (not to mention the $30+ for dinner beforehand) Then again, I'm old-fashioned. :wink:
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

Yeah, well when I had a boyfriend I almost always paid for him AND myself. I know how you guys feel. I think everyone should just pay for themselves. It's only fair!!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Internet + DVD Burner + $1 Blank DVD Disc = One Very Cheap Movie :)
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

It's scum like you, criminals like you, that make it so exspensive at the theatre, and rental store. Movie stealer!! How can you live with yourself?! Haha :wink:
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Yeah, well when I had a boyfriend I almost always paid for him AND myself.
No offense TC.. but that aint a boyfriend.. thats a leech ;)

I agree with Nallboy though.. I am a bit old fashioned when it comes to dating & paying for the dates. I dont have an issue with a lady paying.. but I figure if I asked her out.. then I am the one that should pay. Movies are cheap dates.. but lame dates for first dates.. tough to get to know someone when you are watching a movie ;) Sporting events.. now that is a expensive date. Same for the Symphony.. I dont do ballet though.. a dude has his limits ya know LOL.

As far as video game rentals go.. dunno.. I do all my video games on my PC.. Figure since I already have the computer.. why get a console? I have seen some pretty cool games for the console that I wish would come out for the PC.. but I dont think the game manufacturers should only make games for single platforms.. Its just a money grubbing thing.. and its a stupid one at that.. they would make more cash if they made the game available for all platforms rather than make the game "Just" for the X-box in an attempt to force people into buying the X-box.. which as long as they do that.. this stubborn old fart wont have anything to do with them ;) Just my 2 centovos ;)

Tunes67
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

Tunes,

You're right. One time that really pissed me off was when I forgot my wallet, and he said he'd cover it. Turns out I had to pay him back. Haha. I'm nice, I don't mind paying for people, but some people really take advantage.

I've never really been formally asked out on a date, I've had 2 boyfriends and both times I approached them. So maybe they figured since I asked them, that meant I had to pay- and then pay, and pay again. Haha. I don't know. But the weird thing is, I'm single now, and still broke. You'd think I'd have lots of extra cash laying around from not having to treat people to movies and dinners.

And Tunes, buy an X-Box, it's worth it. :P
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

LOL.. I kill more than enough time gaming on my PC, Call of Duty, Ghost Recon, etc.. If I get an X-box, my MX-3 will suffer from neglect ;) And I know what you mean.. Problem with being single and managing your cash is that you tend to think "I'll just pay it off next week or month" So then the credit cards get a work out and you end up with more bills than cash.. LOL At least that is what happened to me.. The result is I have to pay off 3 debts before I will really have any extra cash again.. its cool to get a new toy instantly (and yes clothes count as toys if you dont have to have them ;) ) But it sucks to have to pay for them later ;)

Tunes67
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

While you take a stand against buying an X-Box, I take a stand against using credit cards. I don't have a single one, because it's like I'm spending money I don't have, and that makes me nervous. Credit cards are so evil. I keep it simple. I basicly live pay check to pay check, and while sometimes I'm tempted to get a credit card, I just try to remind myself that things could be alot worse for me financially.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I have 2 credit cards. Lowes and Visa. I have gotten rid of the others for that exact reason. I also have a line of credit which I used to put the stereo system in my MX-3 (this was the dumb one.. lack of patience will be my doom one day LOL) Lowes comes in handy on occasion though.. Like last summer when I needed to build a garden shed so I would have a secure place to store my BBQ & Garden Equipment. The shed was just a bit more than I could do in a month's pay checks (left over cash in a month) And I wanted to get it built in June before the hotter weather hit.. Took me and 3 friends a weekend to build and paint and came out pretty decent :) The Visa... thats the evil one.. I havent used that card in over 5 years and I still havent paid off my stupidity from my youth.. :P

Kudos to you for recognizing the pitfalls of credit cards at a young age. This could explain why you havent been formally asked out by a guy though.. most guys are afraid of intelligent women.. but you will never find one that will admit it ;) LOL

Tunes67

Return to “Off-Topic”