To prove you guys who hate Cuspid wrong.

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
manowar821
Supporting Member

To prove you guys who hate Cuspid wrong.

Post by manowar821 »

You'll probably laugh, but I found a system for 150 dollars... I didn't get it all together, I actually purchased it from e-bay in parts, and it was wholesale apparently.. Everything was brand new.
Anyway! I purchased 2, 10 inch subs (200 watts rms) and an 800 watt amp (more like 300 per channel).
Then I orded a very nice quality premade, black carpet dual 10 inch sub box. It was made out of high quality materials, and sealed off VERY nicely might I add. It has a seperator in the middle, so it truely is a good quality box. Guess how much? 17 dollars US. SHIPPED.

Now, you may be thinking (cheap system - crap sound) But I hooked it up with the greatest care, sealed the box tight, properly grounded and crimped/soldered everything, and bridged the subwoofers to get the most power out of this little amp.. I have to say the system sounds GREAT. It doesn't get as loud as an audiobahn system, however the sharpness and tightness of the bass is so remarkable, I thought I had ripped someone off.

I was expecting crappy everything, I was expecting it to distort before it was loud enough to hurt my ears, and could have sworn the bass accuracy would've been way off. BUT I did it right, and it sounds amazing for the price. And I know sound - I'm into audio and such. (DJ-ing part time gains you certain sensitivity to sounds) Also, I would like to add that I have not yet TRUELY tuned it. I just set the loudness to a good level and let it rip.

I have a 100 percent Cuspid system, minus the box. And it sounds great.

So there, none of you guys who hate on the new companies can hate on Cuspid anymore.. :lol:

I don't remember anyone here actually telling me that it sucked, but somone here should be impressed.
Chronicle-Rod

Post by Chronicle-Rod »

Ummm...."and it sounds amazing for the price"

When you have to add the "for the price" disclaimer, you're really just admitting that it's not a quality system. Call me crazy, but I'd rather pay a bit more and have a system where I'm proud of the big sound - not the small price tag.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I had one sounded good..didnt last over a year. but for 80 dlls that I payed its a good price.. I now run without amp..i miss the amp.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

There is nothing wrong with Cuspid.. If you like the sound then thats what counts.. but dont think you will be winning any competitions with their stuff either. In the world of car audio.. the old saying of "You get what you pay for" is true about 99% of the time. Just my 2 db's ;)

Tunes67
blkmx3ze

Post by blkmx3ze »

just a post
billzie

Post by billzie »

manowar821, more power to ya. If you like what you've got, that's all that matters really.

I have put together what I call a medium budget system, about $700 from battery clamps to speakers, but very solid. All of it very solid quality with the most $ in the front separates where it makes the biggest impact. I could've saved quite a bit but I wanted the wiring, etc to be decent. I too got a lot of my stuff online, esp from Ebay, I bought new but last years products and bought multiple items from same sellers to save on combining shipping. Now all I got to do is install it!

Bill.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”