Just put nitrous on the K8....

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Rick Johnson

Just put nitrous on the K8....

Post by Rick Johnson »

Hey guys, I just put the ZEX 82011 dry kit on my GS. Currently running a 65 HP shot and it feels pretty good. I love the fact that it ties into your TPS.

I have a wideband o2 i still have to put in, but after thats in I'm going keep increasing the jetting till I either blow the motor or cook the clutch, whichever comes first then swap the motor :twisted:
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

going to the klze?
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
Rick Johnson

yep

Post by Rick Johnson »

Ya I got a KLZE sitting here, but since the K8 is pretty much worthless IMO, I might as well have some fun before I yank it.
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

i DEMAND a video of you blowing it up, the k8 that is
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

Complete with the passenger floorboard falling out! :lol:

Yeah I dogged my k8 out before my swap too
93 GS KLZE Straight Neck (Parked)
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Push it to the limits, lets see what these stock rods/rings can handle.
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

sounds like fun :D ..... where are you in canada rick ?
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

I was planning on doing the same, hook up a couple of jets into the intake an try to run a 500 shot or so. Go to the track and challenge the fastest turboed import there. All i want is one run.
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Hey Rick.. can you send me a small piece of the shrapnel so I can make a key chain out of it? ;)

Tunes67
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

I'll be blowing it up at race city soon, First I gotta go wideband and increase the fuel pressure a bit, I want to get the Max power out of it before it lets go with out being to dumb about it. So I'll probably get a walbro fuel pump and a FPR, then juice it hard.

Oh and there will be plenty of video, I just hope the stock clutch with 250k can handle it for a few runs. :D

I hope it doesn't blow my floorboards off!
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

freyguy_412 wrote:I was planning on doing the same, hook up a couple of jets into the intake an try to run a 500 shot or so. Go to the track and challenge the fastest turboed import there. All i want is one run.
is that a typing error? 500 shot? or are you serious lol
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

you all k8 butchers :(
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
What

Post by What »

WARNING DANGER TO MANIFOLD

;)

Oh wait, that's fast and furious. :)

For the 500shot, not to be a party pooper but you'll be limited in flow capabilities of solenoids long before 500 shot.

Only if I had 6 larger injectors for you Rick... I'd say put them in, who cares how it idles for the night at the track, and have fun. When are you thinking of going down anyway?

If you are going to run more and more nitrous, start increasing the rpm that you activate at.. i.e. if you are running it at 3500, go to 4000, etc.
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

See that's the hard part, I can't really control the RPM, because it starts at full throttle. aka 3.83v on my car anyhow, I can tune it to come on before full throttle if If reset it and don't go WOT when setting it but that would be pointless...

As far as the RPM rule goes, I know a lot of people say only hit it after 3000rpms, but with zex it will always come on at WOT. Which, I don't think is really a bad thing, coming on early will help with 60 foot times from what I've read, and thats why purge valves are popular so you have fresh nitrous right off the line.

The injectors is a good idea, if I could just score some millenia's I'd be set. I was thinking about pulling the VAF plug so it runs pig rich then juice it hard. I still gotta get the Wideband hooked up here, hopefully I'll have time this weekend. I will also need a bigger jet my biggest is a 75 im hoping to get at least a 125.

Maybe I could use the programmable output on the Wideband for a secondary injector.... hmmm
What

Post by What »

Hitting nitrous at the low rotational crank speeds is bad news... it's the instant change in torque that makes nitrous so bad... like taking a sledge hammer to the bottom end. For control all you need to do is add more control switches in series. On my car I had three, and unless all three were closed, the line was open and nitrous relay did not let the nitrous pass.

I had
1) master arming switch on dash.. you should be able to use this and have one in place regardless. Give it hell in first gear where 125hp isn't going to do you any good anyway, and once you're in second flip the switch on. If your racing, you'll be above 3500-4000 easily enough anyway.

2) Mechanical Throttle switch that as soon as throttle was wide open, it closed the switch.

3) MSD rpm activated switch that you could set normally open or normally closed. You would want the normally open wire and put in a 3000rpm chip or so and it would go closed once it reached that rpm automatically.

You should be able to use that programmable output for the nitrous as well.

At the shop we had an injector testing lab which tested injector pulse-width (how long), frequency (rpm), spray pattern, atomization, flow, yadada. A lot of the high impedance saturated injectors stopped injecting below 2ms (peakhold are around 1ms), and some stopped injecting or the pattern went to crap below 1.5 bar fuel pressure and over 3.5-4bar fuel pressure (1 bar=14.7psi). Also the injector flow rate was not as linear as the formulas you see in books and such. Raising it from a standard 3 bar pressure, even up to 6 bar pressure did not give the fuell increase because of the flow limitations of the injector itself. bla bla... if you can run a properly sized injector it won't be in the danger zone of going static because of too great of pressure and it should put out the flow you need.

I'm all in favour of blowing stuff up, but properly set-up with the right amount of fuel, and timing you get to find out more about the motor than tuning.

The extra injector plumbed off the fuel pump line would be good. I prefer wet nitrous systems for this reason... no brain work, just calculate fuel you need for the nitrous jet size and put in the right jets. Leave stock injectors and pressure, just make sure you're fuel pump can flow enough (which you have to do anyway).

Let me know when you go down anyway, I need to go down to the track just to watch, I'm not sure I went last year which is kind of sad.

Return to “Forced Induction”