Hi Everyone

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
OptiX

Hi Everyone

Post by OptiX »

well, im new to the forum, only because i've wanted to comment about some of the things i've been reading in the forums.

.... well, im not an MX-3 owner, but a base bone 323 owner. My lil 323 is a cross between a 323, MX-3, and an MX-6(very shortly)

it was the lil white one at the MOM meet (i got her only just over 2 weeks prior to it)

i first started out with the SOHC 8V B6 in my lil beater... then i got to looking around.... body had no rust, no accidents, it was a well kept car, but i soon found out that the b6 had NO POWER (stupid 82hp), so, i went to the scrap yard after researching all the B series engines by mazda and getting schematics from Mountain Mazda in hamilton (TY DENISE.... she's such a cutie :D) and so, after checking the deck's of the b6 16V and th3 8V making sure everything lined up correctly, i went down to the scrap... and just my luck, i see a black MX-3 (with the interrior gutted) smashed in the rear, but engine and tranny good. KM's on the car were pretty low too (148,000 in change)... so i ripped off the head, the intake manifold, and ecu ($180 because im friends of the owners) Wiring the b---- for the vics setup... sucked cock and balls.

after about a week of working on her in the parking lot of the apartment complex she was finally up and running... with a nice lil increase in hp.

that's been working fine for the past few months, i've been working on my interrior and accessories since... too cold to do any engine work or body mod's.

so my interrior is an MX-3 interrior. Front seats from a 93 (the bucket style), rears from a 96, all reupholstered in black and white leatherette with the Mazda M in the headrest part of the front seats (black M on white leatherette insert), vyniled a pillars and moldings in rear, im now fiberglassing custom door panels because the stock one's are flat... when i say flat, i mean FLAT.

stereo system is sweet now, 2 MA Audio 15's (600W RMS 1200 Peak) powered by a 1600 watt Power Acoustik Gothic series amp.

and then my 4X220 170s Alpine 6.5" coaxes and separate tweeters (100w rms power rated) taped off each feed, powered by a 4X200W amp under the passenger seat also by Power Acoustik
lets just say the sound is CRISP AND CLEAN and is very loud at volume level 28 of 40.

Power windows, power locks, custom 4 guage pod a-pillar with Faze Guages (A/F ratio, Volt, Fuel Level - simply because the stock fuel level guage is never right on the 323/protege's, and Exhaust Gas Temp)

intake is a chopped Acura Integra intake, and a custom 2.75" stainless exhaust after the stock one fell off on the 401 in janruary (everything after the cat) with a Hi Flo Cat (5L graded), a 2' long 3" wide resonator to keep her somewhat quiet and giving her a low growl instead of the "oh look, its a Go Kart" sounding exhaust but minimizing restriction.. and in mind for the v6 swap (lost a lot of low end torque because of the wide exhaust diamater).

my future goal is to put in the modded KL03 2.7L stroker i put together which is sitting in my father's garage (since there's no place for it at my apartment and he has plenty of space in the garage) but money is Low, and the suspention needs work first, and minor parts such as the CV axle just recently, brakes, and other minor things.

other than the KL to go in, she's pretty much done to what i want.
no body mods, other than just rims (17" hyper black 5 spoke spyn rims with chrome rivets (3 between each spoke) and a polished lip)

she's my girl baby girl :)

ImageImage
both pics: November 23, 2004 with winter rims (15's off an asuna sunfire) and tires
Last edited by OptiX on April 22nd, 2005, 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OptiX

Post by OptiX »

new pics to come shortly.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

Damn, that car looks mint.

I did the 1.8 SOHC 16v swap from a protege into my 323. Apparently these engines came in the 323's in canada, the LX model or something. They are a direct bolt in & are rated at 103 hp and 111 torque. THe torque makes a huge difference.

http://www.projectmazda.com/host/blue323/ are old and crappy pics of my car, but shot the B8-ME engine installed. As you can see, my car is beat to hell looking, oh well, it was only $160 off ebay :)
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
OptiX

Post by OptiX »

i got some more old pics from november, including the old 8v head on the engine.

when i first bought guages the first 2, but before the custom guage pod creation, and changed the instrument cluster out of a protege so i could have a tach.

the mx-3 rear buckets

the original B6 8V SOHC
Last edited by OptiX on April 22nd, 2005, 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OptiX

Post by OptiX »

Gro Harlem wrote: http://www.projectmazda.com/host/blue323/ are old and crappy pics of my car, but shot the B8-ME engine installed. As you can see, my car is beat to hell looking, oh well, it was only $160 off ebay :)
awww, all she needs is a lil TLC, a cleaning, and just a few parts from scrap. and a shitty paint job with filler.

and you could sell her for $800 :D
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

Thats gotta be one of the cleanest 323's i've ever seen. Sweet ride man
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
OptiX

Post by OptiX »

93SOHC wrote:Thats gotta be one of the cleanest 323's i've ever seen. Sweet ride man

wait till i take new pics... need to clean her up a bit after this past winter and take off the winter rims and put on the 17' spyn's
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Check out this project from a few years ago :)

http://www.barrykclark.com/pix/323%20V6/

This car was thrown together in like 3 days.

The interior was from a wrecked mx-3. The dash fit, but the trim piece on the dash wasnt put it because it needed to be cut a bit 1st.
OptiX

Post by OptiX »

Custommx3 wrote:Check out this project from a few years ago :)

http://www.barrykclark.com/pix/323%20V6/

This car was thrown together in like 3 days.

The interior was from a wrecked mx-3. The dash fit, but the trim piece on the dash wasnt put it because it needed to be cut a bit 1st.

i saw that on 323performance forums a while back, im just customing the center console to fit, the rest of the dash is going to be the 323 dash in mine.

i hope its that quick when i swap out the engine, i figure it would take me a week to do her myself.
manowar821
Supporting Member

Post by manowar821 »

It's adorable!

Very clean, and nice interior... reminds me of my car 8)
OptiX

Post by OptiX »

i just went through your site.... LOL @ $102 for the KFZE... NICE :D
OptiX

Post by OptiX »

manowar821 wrote:It's adorable!

Very clean, and nice interior... reminds me of my car 8)

wait till the new pics... its niceer than that, but working in a construction yard over the winter has caked on much mud... most of the time she looks like she's gone off road... and then i place my shoes on a garbage bag on the passengers side while driving in my socks
lol
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

i place my shoes on a garbage bag on the passengers side while driving in my socks
LOL, I do that when ever I go to the junkyard. Thank god for hydrolic clutches.
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”