ONTARIO PPL HELP PLEASE

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
hunt

ONTARIO PPL HELP PLEASE

Post by hunt »

what is the legality on the tint strip on the front windshield?

how thick can it be and what % tint....... any help would be appreciated

thanks!!
MX3Extreme

Post by MX3Extreme »

I believe that it cant be any thicker than 8 inches from the top of the windshield down and i can be any darker than 30% . If you go any thicker than it should be less than 40% dark. Hope that helps and i am not 100% on the exact numbers but my friend ownes a graphic shop and i have herd him tell people these things.

MX3 Extreme
Jackson Racing GSr ( Acura Integra Supercharged )
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
seneca

Post by seneca »

If I were you I would look into the laws. I found all kinds of things out. FOr example: Tint on your windows is legal in Ontario to a certian point. But that doesn't mean that you can't get a fine for it!!! It seems the actual law for our OPP states that any type of film, paint or obstruction on any window can carry fineable consequences! I had no idea!!! I mean, I'm still going to do it...I think we all are but you'd be surprized. I think you are allowed the above size of 8" but that doesn't mean that someone having a bad day won't fine you for it. It's all in black and white!
My Car Domain Page:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/496099

Take a Look, leave a comment, and don't forget to vote.
ssmog

Post by ssmog »

I went through that once and learned it was at the descretion of the officer, basically if he/ she is blind you're F%^& but if another officer pulls you over with good eye sight, it's all good.
Commit yourself to a Psychiatric hospital before the rest your sanity disappears, and you are strapped in a chair, fed mushy peas with a rubber spoon with only your tortured fantasies for comfort....

ssmog
OptiX

Post by OptiX »

Return to “Appearance”