Dragon Air Intake Has anyone tried one of these?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
seneca

Dragon Air Intake Has anyone tried one of these?

Post by seneca »

Hey all, as the title asks. I was just doing a random search through ebay and I stumbled upon these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... gory=38634

I looked them up and they seem to be for our car. Yet, I've never seen them around before. They could quite possibly be new-er (since I haven't been around much this winter) much is new to me :)

If anyone can provide some feed back it would be much much much appreciated! I need a new intake (since my stock has cracked)!!!! It's time to get a cai!

Thanks

Tyson
My Car Domain Page:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/496099

Take a Look, leave a comment, and don't forget to vote.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

ya they make them for mx3's but Ive heard some negative comments about them, dont remember what it was about though...
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
seneca

Post by seneca »

Hrmm....I'lll have to continue my search! I really really need something soon! If not this then I'll have to go with the acura set-up. I'd like to try this and be a little different, but if there are hassles involved.....cut me out! :)
My Car Domain Page:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/496099

Take a Look, leave a comment, and don't forget to vote.
Ravion

Post by Ravion »

THey work pretty good. The only downside is getting it on there. It was a pain in the a-- to hook that intake on. Sounds really awesome though when its workin.
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Post by MX-3 Money »

I have always woundered about this intake. But i've never hear of anyone having it. I just wanna know if it fits in our car like a real cold air intake. Or is it just some micky mouse kinda thing.
1993 MX-3 GS 5 spd, KL-ZE swap, kl31 ecu, 110 amp alternator, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, SSautocrome headers, High flow cat, Pacesetter high flow cat-back, B&M shortshifter, Clear Sigs/Sides.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

well if you got amn aftermarket bumper.. just build your cold air intake..they all are real cold air intake as long as "cold air" air from the outside hits the filter. Mine works awesome altough I used an air intake hose not a pipe..i \ll get the pipe latyer and see if theres any diference.. and yeah i can tell a difference in acceleration..not much but its significant. Havent heard alot on the dragon intake and I think its over priced..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

they are peices of crap. Most WR Products I've seen & read about have had piss-poor fitment and shitty welds.

Not worth the money. Just fabricate an intake from a civic one, its easier than it sounds.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

this is from personal experience because i owned one for about 2 days before returning it. i got my weapon r dragon intake from nopi.com when i first got my car. costed like 150 at teh time. when i opened the box all that was there was there crappy plastic air filter and a 2in long pipe :shock: , i called up weapon r and asked where the rest of my intake tube was because the one pictured was a lot longer than 2inches. they said the picture was a general picture from a honda and that the 2in piece of crap i got was correct for my application.
so in short they sent you a ghetto short ram which doesnt even fit correctly.
goto the store and buy a universal k&n filter and put that on the end of your stock tube by wheere ur intake box is (after u remove it)
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”