tax return wat mods do i get?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
johnboi85

tax return wat mods do i get?

Post by johnboi85 »

ok heres my dillema. my wife doesn't want me to spend our whole tax return on my car so i need your oppinion. i wanted to get my pacesetter header and short shifter for my bp but i really need new struts becuase they're blown and i want drop springs because my ground controls are really meant for racing not daily driving. so should i get header and short shifter or struts and sprint springs?
bp mx-3
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

I'd replace the blown parts before I'd upgrade.

What good is an upgrade if you cant use it to its fullest potential right?
Neil

Post by Neil »

johnnyb wrote:I'd replace the blown parts before I'd upgrade.

What good is an upgrade if you cant use it to its fullest potential right?
I agree with Johnnyb, id replace the struts before adding hp mods. Even thou im not sure how greatly the headers would actually effect the struts. But it seems like the best thing to do. Plus if you do the struts and springs you'll be getting a pretty pricey upgrade out of the road. Or you could get theaders/shifter and just not put the headers on until you replace the struts. Which ever route you decide to pick they're both worth the $$$. Good luck man!
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

replace whats broken first, spend rest on family
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

If it ain't broke, don't fix it... but since they are broke fix the struts first. A quick shift into second with a bp isn't going to sound good if the tire starts hoppin around when you punch it.
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Yah i'm with everone else, defantly fix what broken before you replace anything. Same filosify of that civic with the new fart can and wing when the head lights are broken and theres rust everywere...
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

Didlin wrote:Even thou im not sure how greatly the headers would actually effect the struts.

what I meant by that is putting on headers you're expecting a power increase. With blown struts you need to drive slower because you dont have the handling you would with good ones. So with more power you need good handling. Thats all I meant by it
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

I agree, fix the broken stuff. I once went out and bought 4 12" subs for my MX, but ended up returning them the next day in favour of replacing my blown rear struts ;) All the mods in the world wont help if you can barely drive the car :)
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

My logic with your wife would be this:

Get the headers and short shifter, cause she'll let you get them, and depending on how bad you need them, you could wait until later to get the struts and springs: "Hey, Honey, the car needs new springs/struts. Instead of waisting money on OEM ones, I'll spend a few extra bucks to do that upgrades I wanted"

But if you get the necessary stuff first, i'll be hard to get "toys" later on. "No you can't get your header-whachyawamacallits cause we need xxx first", unless you have a cool wife and doesn't mind you spending money on your car, which is probably the case since you have a BP.

But see, this is just my imagination going wild again :D
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:My logic with your wife would be this:
Get the headers and short shifter, cause she'll let you get them, and depending on how bad you need them, you could wait until later to get the struts and springs: "Hey, Honey, the car needs new springs/struts. Instead of waisting money on OEM ones, I'll spend a few extra bucks to do that upgrades I wanted"
But if you get the necessary stuff first, i'll be hard to get "toys" later on. "No you can't get your header-whachyawamacallits cause we need xxx first", unless you have a cool wife and doesn't mind you spending money on your car, which is probably the case since you have a BP.
:pimp: Shrewd, very shrewd. What the mind thinks of???
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
johnboi85

Post by johnboi85 »

jschrauwen wrote:
Nd4SpdSe wrote:My logic with your wife would be this:
:pimp: Shrewd, very shrewd. What the mind thinks of???
i get where you are coming from lol. she actually payed for the bp swap because when she drove with the sohc, she hated it that she wasn't able to accelerate with the rest of the traffic. lol she actually wanted me to make it faster. although an engine swap was not what she expected, she was cool with it and she drives the car almost everyday haha.
bp mx-3

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”