Red Tailights

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
solo_ryder

Red Tailights

Post by solo_ryder »

Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew how to the all red tailight mod. I dont like the orange on the MX and dont really wanna get pulled over for tinted ones...and ideas?
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

just get some transparent red spray paint from a hobby store and paint over the orange section of the taillight.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

or paint over the whole thing (minus the reverse light)... that way you dont end up with 2 shades of red..... works best if you do 10+ very light coats letting them dry inbetween
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
ZServo

Post by ZServo »

Yeah, its simple too. I used Candy Apple Red paint from a local hobby shop. First few coats will look pink, but every coat after that gets darker and darker, until they get as dark as you want them to be. Don't forget to buy a clear coat too when the red is all dried to protect the fresh paint and give it a nice shiny look.
->= Servo =<-
Penn State Univeristy
Project Mayhem
Local NJ Rock
1996 - 2002
phillyMX3mayn

Post by phillyMX3mayn »

can u paint the turn signals on the aftermarket black tailights? cuz i dont like the white turn signals. i think its illegal too. or isnt it?
-Steve
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

Hey philly...I'm like you, I didnt like the clear turn signal on the altezza style lights, so I took mine apart and tinted them red with candy apple red transparent spray paint. I have also seen someone do this, but with an amber /orange color.
:D
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
phillyMX3mayn

Post by phillyMX3mayn »

hotsiit wrote:Hey philly...I'm like you, I didnt like the clear turn signal on the altezza style lights, so I took mine apart and tinted them red with candy apple red transparent spray paint. I have also seen someone do this, but with an amber /orange color.
:D
sweet!
-Steve

Return to “Appearance”