Fiberglass version of Inverted Scoop Hood

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Fiberglass version of Inverted Scoop Hood

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Just guaging to see if I should start making the Carbon Fiber version of this hood in fiberglass. Obviously much cheaper and can be painted for those not interested in the CF look.

To give you an idea of cost: $425 CDN pick up (Toronto) or $500 CDN shipped anywhere in Canada or the U.S.

http://groups.msn.com/PakfeiferTuning/s ... PhotoID=45

email me or post here if you think this would be a better option, as supposed to Carbon Fiber.
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
Kokiriwave

Post by Kokiriwave »

YES PLEASE!
I want MAZDASPEED!
MY WEBSITE:: http://kingmx.net
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

sorry, maybe i'm just a little slow on the uptake, but i think you're asking if there'd be interest for the hood in the picture to be made in a fiberglass version? sorry :oops: i just had a hard time reading your post

but yes, that'd be awesome! i like the hood a ton but i don't like CF, especially since i have a white car.... make it! make it!
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

for 425$, I would buy it. :D
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

reasonable price for a hood, id be in for 1.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
good_glory

Post by good_glory »

count me in
good_glory

Post by good_glory »

Hey Oscar when do you expect they'll be available to buy?
jbruynson

Post by jbruynson »

exactly the hood i'll be looking for in the near future
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

So, it seems that this is a good option! :idea:

I will pre-order 5 at a time to avoid too much over stocking and will try to have at least one on hand at all times to avoid delays.

I will have them available by the beginning of April. For those interested in purchasing, please email me directly at info@pakfeifertuning.com for further ordering information.

Thank you
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

I really like the look, but my problem is setting up a water runoff under the hood. I've put alot of work into my engine bay, and most of the runoffs I've seen look pretty gay.
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Nallboy wrote:I really like the look, but my problem is setting up a water runoff under the hood. I've put alot of work into my engine bay, and most of the runoffs I've seen look pretty gay.
The way this inverted scoop was designed, was so that water runoff would not interfere with any component in the engine bay. It was measured precisely so that it;s positioned between the head and the rad.

Water will not fall on the engine guaranteed. No need for a water run-off.

If there is anyone with this hood that can vouch for me, i'd appreciate it.
OSKY

good_glory

Post by good_glory »

EZ_4_FUN wrote:
Nallboy wrote:I really like the look, but my problem is setting up a water runoff under the hood. I've put alot of work into my engine bay, and most of the runoffs I've seen look pretty gay.
The way this inverted scoop was designed, was so that water runoff would not interfere with any component in the engine bay. It was measured precisely so that it;s positioned between the head and the rad.

Thanks Nallboy i was just about to ask that.
Oscar you're 100% postive right?
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

good_glory wrote:
EZ_4_FUN wrote:

Thanks Nallboy i was just about to ask that.
Oscar you're 100% postive right?
Of courese, 100% certain.

I did all the R & D for it personally while my car was being fitted for a turbo.
OSKY

good_glory

Re: Fiberglass version of Inverted Scoop Hood

Post by good_glory »

thanks
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Yeah, that sounds great, but I really don't think I'll have the cash for about a year... need to finish my swap and buy my kit first...maybe a gb next year?
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."

Return to “Appearance”