Valve Cover

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
grey mx-3

Valve Cover

Post by grey mx-3 »

i was wondering if anyone ever painted their valve cover i am planning on doing this but i dont know what kind of paint to use. I would appreciate any advice thanks
m92_MX3

Post by m92_MX3 »

yeah i did my cover rad support and a bunch of other things, i bead blasted is and then i used high temp engine pant ( i got it from autozone) and then a high temp gloss and it turned out awesome it brightens the comparntment alot i did use blue though
CTC Racing
92 1.6L
93 323 Tranny, ACT clutch, Exhaust, cold air intake, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 8.5mm super conductor wires NGK V-power platinum plugs,engine dress up,custom interior(almost done), GS front bumper, GS 5 spoke wheels Painted white.
jplar

Post by jplar »

I did a matte black spray job on my valve cover. Nothing fancy though I do hope to get to more engine parts next summer.

Here's my example
blikmik

Post by blikmik »

Mine's powder coated and polished... sweet!
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

i did mine with a high temp engine paint as well, but i reccomend using one with the ceramics in it. duplicolor makes them and their really inexpensive at autozone. i used the same paint on my interior as well, because the ceramic is really tough and i didnt want a regular paint to bubble or crack in the heat. no problems in the interior either.
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!

Return to “Appearance”