Favorite songs for systems

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
luke_mx3

Favorite songs for systems

Post by luke_mx3 »

For those who have sound systems in their cars. What is your favorite songs that sound really good.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Sorry.. dont have time to compile a list that long ;)

Tunes67
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

ok, this is old school and may (prolly is) be meaningless to many. Almost anything by CSNY or Phoebe Snow or Grover Washington Jr. Their albums/cds have great production quality. The vocals and harmonies are outstanding and Grover's wailing sounds close to live. And yeah, I've seen all those artists live as well - some several times so that surely makes me biased in their favor. I listen to everything including classical to rap (I play a couple dif saxes too) But when I wanna just enjoy super-clean sound quality, as likely to put those tunes on as anything else for that purpose. :shrug:
Image -Jim
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

i personally vouch for anything Yanni
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
n_o_s_21

Post by n_o_s_21 »

I find that when "tuning" an elaborate system properly takes a wide variety of music. When I have just finished an install, I use everything from "quad city dj's" to "mozart" to fine tune a system. It may sound wild but there are few bass cds that can compete with cannon shots in betovens 1812(?) overature. 2 live crew is one of my favorites. crazy old-school basslines.
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

n_o_s_21 wrote:I find that when "tuning" an elaborate system properly takes a wide variety of music. When I have just finished an install, I use everything from "quad city dj's" to "mozart" to fine tune a system. It may sound wild but there are few bass cds that can compete with cannon shots in betovens 1812(?) overature. 2 live crew is one of my favorites. crazy old-school basslines.
mozart was a baaaaaaad man
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

"Get some crunk in your system" By Lil Jon I used this to tune my amp cause it has a wide range of bass frequencies. I have never been a huge fan of rap until the last year or so, when I said: "screw it, the music is catchy and I can't deny it"
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

93SOHC wrote:"Get some crunk in your system" By Lil Jon I used this to tune my amp cause it has a wide range of bass frequencies. I have never been a huge fan of rap until the last year or so, when I said: "screw it, the music is catchy and I can't deny it"
catchy and that's it... rap lacks any form of musical substance... so instead of "screw it, the music is catchy and I can't deny it", i just go with "screw it"
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

being a musician myself I have learned to appreciate all forms of music. FYI my favorite music of all is gothic speed metal
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
showgun

Post by showgun »

I've come to appreciate all forms of music as well. I like rap and hip-hop for the beats. As for the lyrics, I dont care much about, but I do give it to them. Its kind of like a poetic skill. I can't do it.

I also like Indie and J-Rock.

Dir en grey :werd:
--Brian
'93 Mazda MX-3 RS
4cyl 1.6L SOHC
http://www.cardomain.com/id/showgunx
MX-SLICK

Post by MX-SLICK »

Quote: catchy and that's it... rap lacks any form of musical substance... so instead of "screw it, the music is catchy and I can't deny it", i just go with "screw it"

Your opinion, if it wasnt for rap/hip hop all of us would just have factory stereos in our cars...It is really the only music that coveres all frequencies in music, highs, lows, mids...it all come together on a well rocorded track.
94' MX3 GS atx
93 geo storm GSi
99' Ford ZX2 mtx
2001 honda CBR 600
2000 kawasaki kx 500 MX
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

I mostly listen to 80's and old school rap in the car. But I always have a Too Short CD handy.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
manowar821
Supporting Member

Post by manowar821 »

Drum and bass, jungle, old school techno. I'm talking HEAVY square waveform basslines and deep freeking kicks. Along with all the funky high snares and bleepidy sounds.
::squeels like a japanise schoolgirl from an anime:: :P

Though, my girlfriend has gotten me to come out of my cave a little, and I've been listening to punk rock as well.

I have a little bit of a love for old rap too... None of that "hoes, money, bling bling, shootya a--" crap though.

I LOVE classical music though, its amazing on a good sound system. Everyone should have ONE disk of it at-least.
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

2fazed wrote:I mostly listen to 80's and old school rap in the car. But I always have a Too Short CD handy.
right on brutha, don't forget the geto boyz, and WU Tang...old school rap is much better
psyense82

Post by psyense82 »

Usher... nething Usher, run the bass lines while crusin round, times i love being single. theres a techno song i heard the other day that was killer thro 2 kickers and a rockford... in the middle of the song, it broke into blade. and i think its the superbass mix of getback that sounded killer.
*note i will not be doing the rx7 hatch conversion, id rather get a BP*

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”