performance

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
lucky13

performance

Post by lucky13 »

I was just wondering witch car would win. A de with headers and cai or a ze with a performance clutch and a cai. For aruge sake everything else is the same. how would win
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

Depends on what the contest is. If it's the traffic lights Grand Prix up to (say) 40 mph, the DE will have the advantage of developing the same torque at lower rpm, whereas the ZE takes a bit longer because of the time to get to the higher revs. If it's 0 to flat out (i.e. who can get the highest speed), the ZE will win because it can reach higher rpm in top gear.

The cai is on both, so the small benefit from that is equalised, the headers only help at high rpm (so good for Case B but not Case A), and I don't think the clutch will have a large effect, but it would cancel some of the DE's advantage.

Well, that's my view :wink:
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
lucky13

Post by lucky13 »

I hope that mine will win. Mine is the de with headers. I will race him at the track 1/4.
Black Magic

Post by Black Magic »

The ze wil win, I raced in both klde and klze.

Bastian
17 inch bba racings rims, apex lowering springs, laser muffler, boost steering wheel, mazdaspeed seats, black altezza's, testpipe, oh and a polished klze with an upgraded clutch and a kl36 ecu.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

lucky13 wrote:I hope that mine will win. Mine is the de with headers. I will race him at the track 1/4.
The "Driver" factor may make all the difference, think positive.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
RaverChankoMX3

Post by RaverChankoMX3 »

Who's gonna get better traction? That'd be my question. I've seen Pat's ZE spin in place basically through 3 gear. He has great suspension but was doing it for show. Which also leads the question to who is a better driver as JSchrauwen said.
lucky13

Post by lucky13 »

i think that my tires r n better condition. what rpm do u think is the best 2 take off on
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I usually take off at just under 3 grand, just so the tires chirp slightly then grab, maximum grip is key
lucky13

Post by lucky13 »

since i have changed form 1.8 to 2.5 i have not had any time to practice on take off

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”