Civic Projectors

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
solo_ryder

Civic Projectors

Post by solo_ryder »

I Know this topic is brought up alot, but I couldnt find it in search.. I was just wondering what year of projectors you ahve to get, I hear you have to have 2001-2003, but I was looking at 2000's and they look much more similar to the shape of the OEM mx3 headlight....what kind of modifications do I have to do to make this happen? Also are those lights of ebay any good?? thx in advance you guys are great! :D
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

the 01-03 are a lot closer in shape than the 00 ones... the 00 ones are big, bulky, and dumb looking IMO. the one mx that i remember seeing on cardomain had the 00 ones done, but he had to hack the snot of his fender to make it fit, and it still looked horrible IMO. the 01-03 are very similar in shape, and can be modified so that minimal cutting (or none at all) can be done to the inside of the fender/bumper. however, i'm not an expert or anything, it'd be better if some one who actually did it would answer you, cuz i'm just taking what they've said to try to answer your question.

http://mx-3.freeservers.com/ there ya go
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Hey dude thx alot, ya i think the 01-03 lights look better! I cant wait to do these in a few months. If i am mnot mistaken I have seen these lights being installed with no modification, they just tuck in under the fenders etc. One more question..can anyone tell me how I would go about wiring these lights? a diagram? thx alot guys!
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

well actually they do require modification, i havnt done it yet so im not sure how much, but judging by the how-to made by didlin, theres a fair amount of cutting of the light housing, but nothing impossible.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

yea i was either figuring some modifications or none. But thats not big deal it just makes it all better! Sweet well wen I get em in I will post some pics..but i am still asking if anyone knows how to wire em?
RizzeRocket

Post by RizzeRocket »

Why dont we all go and put it in for him right boys?? :lol:
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

thanks alot d---
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

I think it goes like this:
Head Light
Red w/ green ring = (+) Low beam
Red w/ White stripe = (+) High beam
Black = (-)Ground
Turn signal
Red W/ Green Stripe = (+) Marker
Green w/ Red stripe = (+) Blinker
Black =(-) Ground

My projectors (01-03 Gen3 from Tomsmotorsports)
HeadLight / Projetor
Red = (+) Bright/high beam
Blue = (+) Low Beam
Black = (-) ground; wire the two togeather.
Turn signals
You sould be able to figure these out, theirs multipule ways to do this.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

thx alot man I really apreciate your knowledge, what kind of bulb you got in the toms motorsports ones? H1? are they any better? I can get them here at a local shop for 285$ CAD
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

I don't know the bulb rating (they came completely assimbled) But I had previously polished my clear covers, and the projeters were still 10X better. I can actually see at night now. All I do know for sure, Their not HID.
And the wiring diagram I wrote above is for a 93 GS SE, I think they should be all the same though. If not let me know an I'll post how to find out which wire is which.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

are those toms ones as good as the ones ppl are selling on ebay?
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

I hear the Toms ones are the better ones. Their Gen3 brand, not top quality, but good. My old friends civic had Gen3 headlights and tail lights and he said they were good.
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

SE-Man wrote:I don't know the bulb rating (they came completely assimbled) But I had previously polished my clear covers, and the projeters were still 10X better. I can actually see at night now. All I do know for sure, Their not HID.
And the wiring diagram I wrote above is for a 93 GS SE, I think they should be all the same though. If not let me know an I'll post how to find out which wire is which.
what actually makes something qualify as HID... i think its a different way of lighting... whereas a regular bulb has filaments dispersing lights, HID has some sort of tube in which conducts light... lol... if everything i just said makes no sense then disregard it, maybe my memory it playin tricks w/ me
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

SE-Man wrote:I don't know the bulb rating (they came completely assimbled) But I had previously polished my clear covers, and the projeters were still 10X better. I can actually see at night now. All I do know for sure, Their not HID.
what actually makes something qualify as HID??? not sure, but i think its a different way of lighting??? whereas in a regular bulb there are filaments dispersing the light, HID has some sort of tube in which conducts light w/o a filament... lol... if everything i just said makes no sense then disregard it, maybe my memory it playin tricks w/ me

just want some one to explain it all to me
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

why wouldnt someone just make set from civic lights etc and then send out to APC or whoever makes projectors and they could make molds ahd get us group buy or something, I would be in, and i dont feel like cutting anything off my mx3, esp sheetmetal, would like 99% bolt in projectors.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”