ZX2 Struts??

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Joey's mx

ZX2 Struts??

Post by Joey's mx »

OK so do you have to replace the strut mounts to install zx2 struts on a mx-3, or can you use the mx-3 mounts?? This is going on a 92 rs!! Thanks
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

u need the struts, the strut bearings, strut mounts would be good 2 just for the hell of it.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

the mounts have to be modified though in order to use the zx2 bearings
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
millaj01

Post by millaj01 »

I have the ZX2's plus H&R springs and did this conversion myself. If I recall correctly, the strut mounts can be re-used no problem. It's actually the upper spring perches that will have to be modified (enlarged by grinding with a dremel or similar tool) to accept the larger size bearings. I have a GS, however.....but I'm assuming the suspension between RS and GS is the same from a strut/spring persepective.....
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

strut mounts and the perches are different.

the PERCHES have to be modified..they are what the thrust bearings (also called strut bearings) go into. Then the strutmount is the rubbery thing w/the studs that you attach from the top.

Do NOT use zx2 strtumounts unless you get them w/the struts (like from a used car). Buy new MX3 mounts if you want. The front zx2 mounts are basically identical to our car, but the rears aren't. The studs on our rear strutmounts are longer while on the zx2 much shorter, making it difficult to properly attach your seatbelt reels to the bolts. The mx-3 ones are long allowing you to properly anchor the seatbelt reels for the rear passengers.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

sorry guys that's what I meant perches but couldn't remember the good word
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”