need help: problem when turning

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
CarMan1

need help: problem when turning

Post by CarMan1 »

ok when i turn theres this loud clicking sound, i mean loud, also it feels like my steering is going loose for a second, then comming back, it clicks and clicks untill i straighten the wheel, then it stops..

ive replaced the CV joints... gettin tire rod ends changed cuz bad things happened to em... any ideas what this could be?
AZN_playboy21

Post by AZN_playboy21 »

did u check the front end to make sure nothing is loose/worn?
could be coming fron the steering rack
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

yah check steering, ball joints, cvs replaced make sure their is nothing leaking from under you car your axles could be in wrong. Tie rods for sure make loud noises.

i have a similar problem as you at the moment with frotn end clunking.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

check swaybar links as well!
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

LOL wierd I was just gonna make a new post on how this is happening on my car too. It only happens when i'm on the gas and turning left, or accelerating hard. New axles, just replaced wheel bearing thinking it was that. I'm kinda pissed cause that was a b---- to change that bearing. It sounds and feels like it does when your axle boot is torn and the joint is worn. But they are new, and they have been in my car for half the summer and haven't done anything until now. Any help would be great.
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
CarMan1

Post by CarMan1 »

well i took it into a shop to get the tie rods changed because breaking em free is almost impossible if theyve never been changed before... they took a look at it, since we know the guy well, and he said that it was one of my cv joints(which i just had replaced) so im not sure if that really is what is it, but they said it was... so im gunna have the one they said was bad taken back down and rebuilt and then ill put it back in, and ill let ya guys know...
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

yah bubba thats cvs 100% when turning and under load of accel and you hear clicking thats cv joint
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

I know thats what it seems at first, but I had these axles in for like 6 months now. And when I change my springs and struts they go bad? What can happen inside a Axle when the boot is fine on both ends!? I'm really pissed about this! LOL
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

if they are reground cvs then they can go really fast. My cvs that were redone in australia lasted me 3 months and that wasnt being hard on corners or anything.

BRAND new cvs are your best bet other then upgrading to expensive s--- from driveshaft.com

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”