Any luck installing front signal in body kit?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
csdude

Any luck installing front signal in body kit?

Post by csdude »

I had mentioned before, I'm installing a Drift kit from KrazyKustomz.com on my '92 4-banger. It's working out OK (aside from some pretty big gaps in certain places), but there's nowhere to install the front signal lights.

As far as I can tell, these are required in NC, so I have to find a way to get them in there. Has anyone else mounted signal lights in the front bumper kit? If so, how? It doesn't look like I have enough depth anywhere to cut a hole and fit them.

BTW, a quick reply would be very much appreciated. My car isn't exactly street-legal right now because of this.
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

as far as i know most people buy after market turn signals(from an accord i think?) and place them just under the the 2 outer holes....ill try to find a pic.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

found some, hope these help...
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/544305/6
csdude

Post by csdude »

Thanks, Fry, that does help. Not what I was hoping to hear, though, since I'm sure that's going to be another $100 out of my paint budget, but at least it looks OK.
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

no problem, if money is tight you could just use your stock turn signals and mount them in the same place as in those pictures and worry about the accord signals later down the road.
csdude

Post by csdude »

I tried that this evening, but unfortunately it just didn't have the depth. The OEM lights are about 4" deep including the part the bulb goes in, but I only have about 3" from the metal bumper frame to the outside of the kit. So had I put these in, they would stuck out funny.

I'm going to check into the pricing of the Accord lights tomorrow. I'm guessing they're not as deep?
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

ya im assuming the accords are much shallower, but if all else fails you could just hack away some of the access plastic to give you the depth you need with a dremel tool. always a possibility.
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

I paid $19 at a local speed shop for mine.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

If you are paying over 100..why not get projectors? they got a socket for a front turn signal and there IS room for it if you cut the housing from the bottom Im going to do that to mine as soon as I get a body kit.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”