Ottawa Mazda Meet - May 2005

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
Nd4SpdSe

Ottawa Mazda Meet - May 2005

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

WHEN: **MAY 21-22 Long Weekend**

MAY 21st: The meet starts with a show and shine in the Corel Center parking lot on May 21st at 2pm. This is a good time to show off your car and snap some pictures. Afterwards, everyone is invited to Ricardo's shop (5mins from Corel) for BBQ and drinks.

MAY 22nd: Everyone is invited to the Cumberland/Masson ferry at 9am for a huge cruise in Quebec through some of the nicest roads you'll ever see. We'll be doing a similar route to last year, so it's not for the faint of heart (or weak stomachs)... this is THE highlight of the weekend.

**NOTE FOR THOSE JOINING THE SUNDAY CRUISE**
Try to bring an FRS (Family Radio Service) radio for the cruise. This is a hand-held, short range, two-way radio that many of use to communicate between cars. The units are cheap and commonly available (and invaluable if you need assistance, or spot something that you need to warn others about.)

http://www.canadiantire.ca/assortments/ ... earch=true

Try to find a unit that uses an earpiece. Without one, trying to find a place to set the unit where you can hear it while your stereo is blaring and your engine's roaring away, and where it won't slide around or roll over, is a PITA.

As usual, directions to all the spots will be provided at the Corel Centre.

Hope to see everyone there!!!

If anyone needs specific info, please PM me or email rxcetera@hotmail.com

Attendance List:

Nd4SpdSe - Pending On Critical Parts (Niagara)
jschrauwen - definitely (Kingston)
Deimos - definitely (Toronto)
Kp2t - definitely (Toronto)
Trevor - more likely (Niagara)
Too much Time - more likely (Toronto)
blackie - more likely (Niagara)
JWMX3 - maybe chicken (Toronto)

good_glory - pending on JWMX3's a-- (Toronto)
misfitsfiend - pending on car
Marlon - maybe (Toronto)

People already in Ottawa
seneca - definitely
ovendenk - definitely
bmwm3guy - definitely

Out:
fry_81 - Blown Transmission
babyblueMX3 - Other Plans
my.mx3 - Other Plans

DEPARTURES
Toronto AND Niagara guys will rendezvous at Fairview Mall (Hwy 404/Sheppard). We have to leave Fairview Mall no later than 10am!!

PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY GUYS. THIS HAPPENS EVERY YEAR AND SOMEONE ALWAYS MISSES THE MEET CAUSE THEY WERE LATE. CARRY CELL PHONES AND FRS's. CELL PHONE NUMBERS WILL BE POSTED LATER. My (Nd4spdse) cell phone is 905-329-6491, just-in-case.

Destination:
Last edited by Nd4SpdSe on May 17th, 2005, 3:44 pm, edited 16 times in total.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

If everything goes well ..I'll be there and yeah baby with my ze-t
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

if my car is done i might go
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

Ottawa is a beautiful city, always enjoy visiting it. im definatly in for a meet there :2thumbsup:
5 hour drive, definatly worth an mx3 meet lol :2thumbsup:
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

By then I should have my ze in! if so I'm there!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

fry_81 wrote:Ottawa is a beautiful city, always enjoy visiting it. im definatly in for a meet there :2thumbsup:
5 hour drive, definatly worth an mx3 meet lol :2thumbsup:
The cruise up is alot of fun as well. We usually meet up incrementally. The Niagara crew meets up at the old Prudhommes for 7am, than we leave to join up with the Toronto crew at some mall that I don't remember the name for around 9am, than we join the Kingston crew for 12pm and meet in Ottawa around 2pm.

I remember some grife about having the meet at 12pm, but alot of people didn't like that, especially those coming from Niagara/Toronto. I don't know what happend since i didn't go (:rant2:). But i hoping that won't be an issue
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

depending on how school goes, I'll probably be in. Hopefully i'm not taking any summer courses. :(
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
mx3grlsikride

Post by mx3grlsikride »

i'll prolly come out for that as long as its not long weekend.....i'll be in wasaga then. I will add this to the calender of events to and should have it posted within the next week.
WhEn WiLl MY BaBY Be CoMplETe??? ...NeVeR.... HAHAHAH!!! Always finding better upgrades!!!!
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3grlsikride

fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

i added it to the calender, im in for sure. stop off in barrie on the way after toronto, im sure a few of the people in barrie would love to come too.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

I think I can make it -- it's still early ... picking up Kingston group at 12 huh .. well I'll probably go up there earlier in the day since I don't drive as fast as the rest of you :dunno:
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

I can get into this ride....some nice twisty backroads between Kingston and Ottawa (Biking days). "MYmx3" I can meet up with you in Kingston or between Kingston and Trenton....just a thought....long time til then anyway.
:2thumbsup:
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

Sure .. when the time gets closer I'll know for sure if I can make it -- I hope I can.
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

id go, but I dont know if the ol' K8 would make it all the way to ottawa, id have to put all my tools in the trunk just in case :P
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

It's not that bad, the last time, and only time i went, my car still had the K8, actually it was completely stock except for the system. The K8 kept up with the fast pack, but i was at the back. My rotors were blue from overheating from the intense braking (so i'm making sure i have drilled rotors by then) and i needed an oil change when i got back cause it was dark, and i had an oil change done about a week or two before the trip. I did 2000kms in 2 days. I've never spend to much time in my car in such short span before, i even spend the night in it. It was a great time and looking forward to it again, but the car has changed, with a few upgrades
seneca

Post by seneca »

HEYYYYYY!!!! You boys will finally be up in my area. I'll be there for sure! I'll even try to round up some of the local boys from the outer areas too. I think a couple of them have ZE's..they always give mine the run around, but I make up for it in looks! :) By then, I SHOULD have my projectors and lowering springs on!!!!!! May 14-15 Sounds good to me.

~Tyson
My Car Domain Page:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/496099

Take a Look, leave a comment, and don't forget to vote.

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”