IM and TB question

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Spinkx79
Supporting Member

IM and TB question

Post by Spinkx79 »

Yes i have read the FAQ:
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=34798

I am building a 97 2.5l for my 96 MX-3. i have a PMO 67mm "DE" TB on the way :) problem is plans changed, i bought a curved neck intake and now fear i wont be able to use the TB.

Has anyone, or does anyone know of someone who has mated a curvend neck IM with a DE TB?

Thankx
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

I even tried using my phenolic spacers in hopes it'd raise the TB enough to clear the coolant lines and it still hit. :shrug:
andy

Post by andy »

I had a DE Tb on my k8 stock intake. I had to customize one of the metal coolant housings with a dremel. I also had to rotate the IAC solenoid 90 deg's. I never did get that thing to idle right. I just had my stock TB bored out to 60mm and used the Tb plate from the De TB.

Andy P. 93 GS
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

Unfortunately you are out of luck. The curved neck manifold uses a completely different shaped mounting point than the KLDE / K8DE and straight-neck KLZE style throttle bodies.

If you look at your manifold, notice how the top part of the mounting position is higher. Thats teh difference.

When I got my curved neck manifold, I swapped my K8 throttle body on to find a huge leak b/c the gasket didn't seal right. I had to source a millenia TB to make it all work properly in the end.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”