black altezzas

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
spano

black altezzas

Post by spano »

i'm sure this has been asked a million times but does anyone know where i can find a pair, ebay never has them in black and i'm starting to think they were never even made in black..:/
fry_81

Re: black altezzas

Post by fry_81 »

1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
spano

Post by spano »

look at them though, they aren't black, they're the chrome ones with the name wrong
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

really? never made in black? then how did I get mine?

(hint: ebay)

Honestly, the blacks dropped in price from about $140 to $90 in the past 3 months... and lots of people have been talking about getting blacks. So it is possible they are sold out.

keep an eye out for tomsmotorsport or gofastr on e-bay, they tend to sell them.
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

They look pretty black to me. These are chrome
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7936836386&category=33716

<small>[ November 22, 2004, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: mxmaz ]</small>
Acamori

Post by Acamori »

they are made in black, like these which are found here and on ebay there is this pair which i found by searching "mx3 lights"

<small>[ November 24, 2004, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: Acamori ]</small>
1/4 complete system---->carstereo.com
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hmm I found my black carbon fiber ones right away on ebay...
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Chiggles

Post by Chiggles »

Question for you guys since you have them installed. I've been considering on getting a set for mine as well, but on the other hand, I've had some friends tell me that it's common with aftermarket tails to not really have quite an exact fit, causing fog-up and moisture to leak in behind the lens. Have any of you had such experiences, and if so, what did you do to correct the problem??
What I drive: A Cybertronian disguised in the form of a Creek Blue Mica 95 MX-3 GS. :driver:
Long term goal: Fabricating a new transformation cog! :welder:
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

I have the black altezzas installed 2-3 months ago on an arctic white 95 RS. No leaks yet. It's not that the fit wasn't good. They mounted in place of the stock ones with no prob. The prob is usually that a crappy manufacturing job was done poorly sealing the clear lens-cover to the light housing. Since rain gets constantly dumped from the rear hatch channels along the top edge of all MX-3 tail lights, a poor seal means moisture eventually makes its way inside the housing. If that happens, solution is to remove the lights, heat the edges enough to separate the clear lens cover from the housing, and apply new silicone sealant for a 100% seal against water penetration. A PIA but seems a common altezza prob and not just with the altezzas for MX-3's.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

i've had my SUPRA STYLE taillights installed for over a year with not one sign of condensation ever developing.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

got any pics of the Supra's?
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

just a note.. the black "carbon fiber" tail lights...I as told that they are not carbon fiber..they just look carbon fiber..and i think its true... ha its just black plastick with suilver lining... o.0 doesnt look like the material used in carbon fiber hoods and dashes and bezels.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

they are....they just have that fake-looking vinyl carbon-fiber checkerboard looking crap on them.

IMHO looks horrible. Black (supra-style) is the only way to go.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
manowar821
Supporting Member

Post by manowar821 »

You guys... There are 4 types that i've found so far.
~Chrome
~Euro style (they are less chromie, and more solid colored - also, they have a black outline)
~Carbon fiber
~Black (yes, they are actually black)

:roll:
Chiggles

Post by Chiggles »

Anyone know where to find black tails that have the amber signal lights in the corner though instead of the clear ones??

As well, if the seal needs to be re-done, how do I heat them to remove the lens cover in the first place? I'm not sure if I should be using the same method as for the headlights mentioned in another thread in this forum or not, but thought I'd check. :p
What I drive: A Cybertronian disguised in the form of a Creek Blue Mica 95 MX-3 GS. :driver:
Long term goal: Fabricating a new transformation cog! :welder:

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”