Those civic lights LOOK PIMP

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
hgallegos915

Those civic lights LOOK PIMP

Post by hgallegos915 »

OH my freaking lord, im on the second day of cutting my lights, so far so good, I test fit them and woah!! They look better than I originally tought! I still need to cut the inner fender and little pieces to make the light fit properly, I still cant figure out what the orange light around the "angel" eye is for..maybe its a turn signal or something. Anywho WOAH Ill take pics tomorrow during the day light.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Those civic lights LOOK PIMP

Post by mitmaks »

post some pics, would you be able to do some more ...for me ;)
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I sure will, and yes Ill make some for you :D buy you would need to have the projectors sent to my home and you would need to make the appriopiate cuts in your inner fender and part of the frame, Im using that black mx3 on car domain as a guide. ALso I will reseal the lights from the bottom using fiberglass. But yeah Ill do em , first let me finish mine and if you like well email me at hgallegos915@msn.com
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
lok

Post by lok »

really?.. hwo much would u charge if u were to do them>
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Well I dont oknow yet but, I do plan on doing a really good job on them, resealing them with the proper sealant and using fiber glass on the bottom of the lights to cover any unwanted holes (prevent excess moisture) I would inclide a guide on where to cut on the car to make them fit and what wires connect to what and how to aim them. I calculate probably 3 - 5 days of work to make each pair. I have to cut, guel and fiberglass the bottom. Let me finish my lights so that I can post pics. I wouldnt wanna do the chrom ones since I use a hot knife to melt away parts of the lemns and chrome would wrinkle. Just the blak projectors. I would have to use a dremel for chrome.
-hec

mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

I thought that guys that did conversion didnt cut anything else but headlights itself?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
lok

Post by lok »

ya i heard rawdawg or some other guy just cut the back housing of the light and thats it...

btw...any updates on ur lights?.. post some pics up ..thx
Acamori

Post by Acamori »

can't wait to see what it looks like done, maybe i'll be interested in the same thing as mitmaks.
1/4 complete system---->carstereo.com
Pedro_mx3
Supporting Member

Post by Pedro_mx3 »

bump. the UK could do with a Civi projector maker. email me @ jus_cruisin_2k4@hotmail.com an maybe u could sort me with some
I'm not worried about the bullet with my name on, Im worried about the one that says 'To Whom it may Concern'....

Make a Donation, Keep Mx3.com Alive!!

1991 V6 K8 -- My baby, i miss her... On her way to car heaven... <3
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

well i guess they are sorta done. I already sealed the edges using permatex clear silicone tubing, dyred pretty fast. I still want to fiberglass the bottom for extra securify. I used clear type in the mean time why..because its SO COLD right now brrrrr :( I still need to aim the high beams..ok and the lights have a bit of dust inside. I thin I may be able to start making them. The material I need to buy is fiber glass, resin and clear silicone. I cut them using a hot knife and / or a dremel tool. You DO have to make som cuts in your car uncliding shaving off the top part of the bumper guard. Email me for pics of my progrres. hgallegos915@msn.com also The way it would work is you send the lights to me or buy them off ebay and have them sent to me and i cut them and fiber glass them. Of course email me first and well see what we can do. It realy was ALOR of hard work, cutting measuring aiming well you need to do that on your own. let me know also if u want pics email me. Also I will gladly tell you how do do them they way I did them, I still need eye lids for them.
-hec

lok

Post by lok »

so how much will u charge for the all the work including cutting and sealing?... also just an idea.... say u ar doin a set for me... u can order it and hv it sent to ur house... and then after u ar done then i can pay u full including the lights ... the shipping from ur place to my place....and the work.. i think this idea is better because i dunt hv to make 2 payments.. saves us some work... and also where did u get the lights?.. at the tommotorsport site for 129usd shipped?..
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

dam I must say that that these lights rock..I get great compliments everywhere :) also of course I would give everyone interested my numbe , address ect. BUT let me just finish mine, its been to cold outside to go and seal the lights and well I sortsa sealed the edges and water is not getting inside the light itselff. Im sure Ill have mine done by sunday :) They already are in the car and working..they look nice :D
-hec

Denson

Post by Denson »

hey man those look nice!...i dont know if you know me but, i know Luis (purpleMX3) and he told me about you. we thought about starting that project before but it never came around. So EP friend maybe we can get together and let me see yours, so you can make me a pair!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yeah, is that the guy that came to my house? I didnt have them yet done when he came, I had them cut up. Right now they are aimed to high, when do you guys wanna get together? I wanna start sanding my hood and ready for paining it because right now I dont have cash for that carbon fiber hood.
-hec

Acamori

Post by Acamori »

just wondering how the project's going. i'd really be interested in having you cut a set for mine (since i'm sure i'd totally screw it).
1/4 complete system---->carstereo.com

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”