car got broken into...

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
cooper_9

car got broken into...

Post by cooper_9 »

they ripped out the deck...i need the plastic piece around it cuz they ripped that too. anyone in the area have one for cheap? let me know, thanks.
Jay Cooper
92 Blue GS
Nd4SpdSe

Re: car got broken into...

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

out of curiosity, do you have an alarm?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
cooper_9

Post by cooper_9 »

nah i didnt...i was planning on getting one for christmas...that will be bumped up to next week tho after i buy a new deck. my car was in the GO station parking lot while i was at school. even if the alarm did go off, there arent really ppl around. it could've helped or it couldn't have. who knows :shrug: it was a 2 year old sony deck tho...i was considering replacing it anyways and now i dont really have a choice.
Jay Cooper
92 Blue GS
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

That sucks man.. I've had it happen like 3 times with various cars. I've probably gone through 10 grand worth of gear in the past 5 years :eek:
. People think I'm nuts now cause I hate leaving my car anywhere for any length of time. Lol I was a wreck at the Metallica concert last week.
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

Sorry to hear that, I know the feeling my car has been broken into 3 times.

Go stations can be really bad, I know lots of people that have had their cars either broken into or vandalised in Go station parking lots. The security is usually very poor and nobody is around half the time to notice anything.

Did you have the face plate on the deck when they stole it?
shab4life

Post by shab4life »

hence the word INSURANCE.

I live in Aylmer Qc so I pay like 100$ a month for EVERYTHING. I know you guys probably live in Ontario but getting theft and vandalisme isnt a bad idea. I know if your under 25 you dont really have a chance but you should atleast try.
1993 Mazda Mx-3 RS SOLD
1993 Mazda Mx-3 SE SOLD
1994 Mazda Mx-3 ZE SOLD
1992 Mazda Mx-3 KLZE-T
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

Insurance is useless for these types of thefts.

Most people in Ontario now have deductabiles of $500 or $1000. So making an insurance claim for a $500 deck becomes pointless.
cooper_9

Post by cooper_9 »

thats exactly why i only have liability. i pay $200 a month for my insurance and i cant afford anymore money on that. i havent had any problem with theft before but i guess it had to happen sooner or later. the deck wasnt expensive anyways...it was like $170 2 years ago, so they can have fun with it. it just sucked cuz i was running late and it was one of the only days i forgot to take off the faceplate...ah well, shyt happens.
Jay Cooper
92 Blue GS
pedro_pons

Post by pedro_pons »

that happened to me last week. on thursday i noticed my sound system was gone they broke my window and they took everything 1200 worth on sound system i had a sony explode deck a 850 watts sony explode amplyfier and 2 tens 500 watts clarion base. they took it all and it was a rainy day when i noticed eerything was gone and i was planin on gettin an alarm system this week. im so pissed
endocyc

Post by endocyc »

Look on the bright side. You now have a reason to replace that Explode line with something that will sound good.
cooper_9

Post by cooper_9 »

yeah i had a sony explode deck and i got a new jvc deck that is so much better. :2thumbsup:
Jay Cooper
92 Blue GS
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

Originally posted by endocyc:
Look on the bright side. You now have a reason to replace that Explode line with something that will sound good.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
92 GS
'Stock'... :twisted:
shab4life

Post by shab4life »

Ontario is a pain with car insurance... my buddy got his deck ripped out and bought a new one at Future Shop and Future Shop had an insurance thing come with it. I'm not sure how it works but if its an extra 50$ id get it for sure. He said guarentied 3 years which is kind of surprising.
1993 Mazda Mx-3 RS SOLD
1993 Mazda Mx-3 SE SOLD
1994 Mazda Mx-3 ZE SOLD
1992 Mazda Mx-3 KLZE-T
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

Originally posted by shab4life:
Ontario is a pain with car insurance... my buddy got his deck ripped out and bought a new one at Future Shop and Future Shop had an insurance thing come with it. I'm not sure how it works but if its an extra 50$ id get it for sure. He said guarentied 3 years which is kind of surprising.
haha futureshop..... to be honest, although I have no proof, I think it was actually the futureshop installers that stold my deck the first time my car got broken into.
RTT

Post by RTT »

I feel ur pain man i just lost everything the deck amp box and twin 12's i've never been this pissed!! The absolute worst feeling in the world i think!

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”